Springfield, MO

Posted August 26, 2015
My daughters have gone to Pershing since Kindergarten and both have enjoyed their experience (4th and 3rd grades this year). The teachers are all very knowledgeable and keep in great contact with parents. The classroom sizes are low: 20-25 students per class. The principal is amazing and is very involved with the students, staff, and parents, and is genuinely concerned for everyone's well-being. The PTA is very supportive, and I feel my daughters get a well-rounded education. Pershing is also part of the IGNiTE program (blended learning) and my daughters have been overly engaged with their class this year. I feel with highly educated and experienced teachers, small classroom sizes, and a well-rounded group of children from all different backgrounds, Pershing is extremely beneficial for my childrens' future and provides them with a great education.

Posted December 09, 2014
This school should really have a higher rating than a 5! I volunteer at the school in the Kindergarten Classes weekly and know first hand that the teachers go the extra mile for their students. And this goes for all the elementary teachers and staff. The office staff are nice and helpful always. The principal and vice principal are amazing leaders and they get involved in helping the students and really show they care. All around I really feel that this school and the staff do amazing things for our kids and really deserve to be noticed for their hard work. Like I said before this school deserves a higher score:)

Pershing Elementary School 1

Posted July 12, 2012
This school is an abomination ! If your student does all his/her work then they will still have a bad time, but not nearly as bad as it will be if they ever mess up or get singled out. Our son isn't perfect, and as soon as he mildly stepped out of line, there was no possible way he could have corrected it and made things better for himself. If the teachers start to dislike any one student, that student is marked and they will stop treating him/her with respect. Every parent teacher conference was full of non-constructive criticism and felt more like we were in a court trial. So basicly, if your student is a rich goodie two-shoes, they will have a much easier time at this school, but still a bad time. If your student is poor with normal misbehavior, it will make life a nightmare for both the student and the parents. I completely agree with the review someone wrote below about the double standards

Posted April 19, 2010
My son has attended Pershing for 6 years now beginning in Kindergarten. It is a wonderful school! A caring faculty and administration make the education experience all that much more appealing to me as a parent. My child is no angel and I have been to school for good and bad behaviors. I have seen the teacher take charge and help to make my child into the responsible 5th grader he is today. He cannot wait to start Middle School at Pershing next year.

Pershing Elementary School 1

Posted October 07, 2004
Parents, if you enjoy seeing double standards in action, being lied to and lectured by school officials, and generally being treated like the stuff you scrape off your shoes, this is the school for your children!

Pershing Elementary School
2120 Ventura, Springfield, MO  65804
Last modified Pershing Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pershing Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top