Bad
Good

I am a seventh grader right now and I am in orchestra and French. This school has multiple sports including basketball, football, track,and volleyball. They have a large music program including orchestra for every grade, band for every grade, and many choirs. They have a few clubs such as the debate team, leadership, and student counsel. The cirriculum is phonominal. There a lot of awards given out and once a year we do a Reed Academy version of the Ellen Show. The teachers love us and support us no matter what and one of the teachers even takes us on a field trip to Washington D.C. every spring break ($1,030[fundraisers are available]). The teachers often recieve grants and now our school has over 30 iPads. Long story short, if you get invited to the A.P. program, take that opportunity, it is deffinantly a terrific learning experience. Oh yeah! One more thing, joining the advance program at Reed will earn you high school credits, so in highschool, you will be earning college credits, which will you put you ahead in your future. Now I have like 140 of the 1500 letters they gave me...oops. Anyways, bye and I hope to see you (or your child) on the Reed graduate list! 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0

Great school! Whoever said about kids hospitalized and getting beat up every week is wrong. It sounds like seething that happened at another school but not Reed. Reed is the best place to study

I don't know what school that crazy parent is talking about but it is not Reed. There is absolutely not fights every week and the administration does take care of bullying and does not tolerate unruly and undiscplilned students. Of course it is not the staffs fault when parents believe every word that come from their students mouths and the parents are argumentative and unruly. I had 3 students attend Reed and I would do it again.

This is the worst school in springfield. There are fights every week and children getting beat up so badly they are hospitalized. The principle does nothing and the counselor labels all the kids into cliches. The teachers are good but can only do so much due to lack of leadership from administration. Do not let your children be subjected to the bullying and harrassment that is going on at this school.

Hard working teachers that care about students. Students with a lot of heart overcoming many obstacles.

Reed Academy is a GREAT school! My daughter ABSOULTLY LOVED Reed Academy! The Teachers Are very friendly and are academically up to date! Which in most schools is a big issue! They have many sport programs for the kids ( Football,Track,Soccer,Volleyball(etc.)) And Many other side programs(orchestra,band,(etc.)) I was VERY pleased with this school!!

Reed Middle School was the worst three years of my life. Instead of teaching us how succeed in the real world, we were taught how to become completely dependent upon others to be responsible for us. The administration is crazy, most of the teachers just want to get their paycheck and leave, and the students are rude. In the three years I went to Reed and graduated in the top of my class, I left with a piece of card stock saying I graduated and zero friends. If you want to be teased to the point of suicide by teachers and students alike, then this is the place for you!

my son is getting in trouble at home because the grades that he is being given is based on a number that is not what it should be. by there own admittance, the teachers are not entering all of his work. quarterly reports should be based on all the work for the quarter. the lack of ethics in this school is failing. Please see that this problem does not continue

I am currently a 6th grader in the Reed Academy part of Reed Middle School and I love this school so much. The teachers and principal are crazy but in a funny great way. They can be strict if they need to be. The other students are really friendly and in the 7 days that school has been in session, I have made about 60 new friends. Amazing school.

I'm a graduate of Reed MS and it was the best school I've ever been to. The teachers were very nice and cooperative, and did /not/ neglect the students. Who ever says they did obviously does not know what they're talking about. As far as I know the school's going through construction right now, though I don't find it necessary, and they've changed the name to Reed Academy, and added in more honors classes, and classes you can get high school credits in. So they're definately improving :D But anyway, this school really is way to discriminated, and I hate that, because I really and truly love this school.

Last modified Reed Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.