Springfield, MO
Before care: Yes

Posted August 17, 2014
Great school! Whoever said about kids hospitalized and getting beat up every week is wrong. It sounds like seething that happened at another school but not Reed. Reed is the best place to study

Posted August 15, 2014
I don't know what school that crazy parent is talking about but it is not Reed. There is absolutely not fights every week and the administration does take care of bullying and does not tolerate unruly and undiscplilned students. Of course it is not the staffs fault when parents believe every word that come from their students mouths and the parents are argumentative and unruly. I had 3 students attend Reed and I would do it again.

Reed Middle School 1

Posted May 20, 2014
This is the worst school in springfield. There are fights every week and children getting beat up so badly they are hospitalized. The principle does nothing and the counselor labels all the kids into cliches. The teachers are good but can only do so much due to lack of leadership from administration. Do not let your children be subjected to the bullying and harrassment that is going on at this school.

Posted August 23, 2013
Hard working teachers that care about students. Students with a lot of heart overcoming many obstacles.

Posted August 06, 2013
Reed Academy is a GREAT school! My daughter ABSOULTLY LOVED Reed Academy! The Teachers Are very friendly and are academically up to date! Which in most schools is a big issue! They have many sport programs for the kids ( Football,Track,Soccer,Volleyball(etc.)) And Many other side programs(orchestra,band,(etc.)) I was VERY pleased with this school!!

Reed Middle School 1

Posted June 16, 2013
Reed Middle School was the worst three years of my life. Instead of teaching us how succeed in the real world, we were taught how to become completely dependent upon others to be responsible for us. The administration is crazy, most of the teachers just want to get their paycheck and leave, and the students are rude. In the three years I went to Reed and graduated in the top of my class, I left with a piece of card stock saying I graduated and zero friends. If you want to be teased to the point of suicide by teachers and students alike, then this is the place for you!

Reed Middle School 3

Posted April 18, 2013
my son is getting in trouble at home because the grades that he is being given is based on a number that is not what it should be. by there own admittance, the teachers are not entering all of his work. quarterly reports should be based on all the work for the quarter. the lack of ethics in this school is failing. Please see that this problem does not continue

Posted September 04, 2011
I am currently a 6th grader in the Reed Academy part of Reed Middle School and I love this school so much. The teachers and principal are crazy but in a funny great way. They can be strict if they need to be. The other students are really friendly and in the 7 days that school has been in session, I have made about 60 new friends. Amazing school.

Posted April 02, 2011
I'm a graduate of Reed MS and it was the best school I've ever been to. The teachers were very nice and cooperative, and did /not/ neglect the students. Who ever says they did obviously does not know what they're talking about. As far as I know the school's going through construction right now, though I don't find it necessary, and they've changed the name to Reed Academy, and added in more honors classes, and classes you can get high school credits in. So they're definately improving :D But anyway, this school really is way to discriminated, and I hate that, because I really and truly love this school.

Reed Middle School 2

Posted October 28, 2008
This is the most difficult school to slove issues with parents and students. They look down on these parents and subject the children to low self esteem. this does not apply to everyone, but it does happen and it needs to recognized before it is to late for those students that need that extra help to achive the goal the SPS has set forth and the uplifting of their test scores. I just want to add that children are affected by the character and personality of the teachers and staff. We all must be postive role models and show them there is a better life.

Reed Middle School
2000 North Lyon, Springfield, MO  65803
Last modified Reed Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Reed Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top