Bad
Good

Posted August 02, 2014
I went to Rountree elementary from kindergarten-fourth I am currently in fifth at a different school! Rountree is a safe place, or at least feels like one! The teachers are kind and teach all in unique styles. Even in just a couple weeks it feels like a second home! The guidance counselor is very supporting. The principal is new for the year 2014-2015 so I don't have an opinion on her. I recommend you take your child to rountree elementary!

Rountree Elementary School 4

Posted October 08, 2013
Rountree is an elementary school in a neighborhood setting. This school has officially become a PYP school and continues to grow as a school academically and relative to global awareness. The administration is strong and supportive of its teachers and students.

Posted May 10, 2011
Rountree has a rich history and is deeply-rooted in the community. Rountree has dedicated and caring teachers and a principal, David Martin, who have devoted their work to creating a progressive, inspiring and positive environment for learning. Rountree is one of only 3 IB PYP schools in the city of Springfield which allows the student to engage more fully in his/her own learning experience.

Posted September 17, 2009
My husband and three daughters attended Rountree. The school community has always been very caring. The teachers, principal and staff have always been excellent. My family received a great education, academically and socially.

Posted May 10, 2009
Very pleased with the teachers and the principal. Like the way the community around the school supports its events and activities. It's an advantage for the school to include kids whose parents are on the faculty at MSU -- professors, grad students, etc.

Posted June 06, 2008
I'm a teacher in Springfield, and although I do not teach at Rountree, my children have attended. It it a warm, caring environment and the neighborhood is fantastic. Everyone here is very involved in making Rountree school and the neighborhood the best place to be in Springfield. I felt that the academics were excellent!

Posted April 30, 2008
This is a wonderful neighborhood school. The principal, David Martin, is very carrying and supportive of the students. There is high parent involvement which is warmly received by the teachers and staff. Any concerns I have had have been quickly addressed by the teachers and principal.

Posted September 16, 2005
Academic programs are on par with national standards. We experienced friendly and warm teachers and support staff. Work did not challenge our children above their representative grade levels. Somewhat relaxed atmosphere, but with avg to high expectations. Great Music programs engage children. Art excellent. Great old time historic shcool atmosphere- a real asset to the community. Highest level of cordial parent involvement that I have seen. It really feels like the village is raising the children. Feels safe to walk around the neighborhhod. What a wonderful place....

Posted July 23, 2004
When I moved to Springfield in 1997 I tried our neighborhood school, but it wasn't what I wanted for my son. He had enrolled in Rountree's Cub Scout program and made friends there so I transferred him in 1999. Now my other children go to Rountree also and I couldn't be more satisfied with the school, it's principal, teachers and staff. They really care about the kids and it shows-I also love the fact that a large percentage of parents are involved in the schools day to day activities. -Christy Gorman

Posted May 12, 2004
We moved from Houston Texas in 2002 and my children have had the advantage of attending Rountree for the past 2 years. This is a wonderful school with a supportive staff and tremendous parent involvement. The faculty is respectful and caring for all the students. I have watched my children flourish in this school. All the students seem to enjoy coming to school to see what a new day holds for them!

1333 East Grand, Springfield, MO  65804
Last modified Rountree Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.