Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Neutral

I feel off when there not judge but comfortable so I do wonder how my kids feel at times.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

My kids are still young, but my step son is really struggling and still passing in grades that I feel he should not be in I don't want him to be pushed forward cause no one wants to really take the time to help him. We having been working with him one on one and I hope to see improvement this upcoming year.

Amount of homework: Agree

I think they can improver in areas how they hand out home work I think it should be handed out on either a Monday or Friday not in the middle of the school week and it should be something that has already been discussed in class.

Fantastic teachers, horrible, horrible principal- Dr. Miller. She seems to put her own agenda far and above the needs and consideration of the students. Not an inclusive school, and Dr. Miller seems to not only set this tone, but encourage it.

I have worked as a teacher in 3 Springfield Missouri schools. In my 13+ years as an educator I have had experience in a wide range of public school settings. Walt Disney Elementary is staffed with the most compassionate and professional people I have ever known. The parents and students at Disney are an absolute pleasure. I look forward to finishing out my career at this school:) I can't even began to say enough about it!!

The curriculum is great however the communication from staff to parents is poor. My kindergartner was expected to send home flyers with important info on it. I got questioned twice as to why I was walking my child to class in the morning! I felt welcomed at the beginning of the school year but after that I felt the school was geared toward parents either involved in the PTA or had more time to dedicate to volunteer work. Other than that the academics were the only thing I can say best about this school.

Terrible school I received an average education and all the fund raisers the rewards went to the principal; doctor Miller. She got to ride in on a motor cycle she got to ride a horse she got to dunk a basketball. Etc. after you get rid of miller then maybe you can get somewhere!

Our daughter has an EXCELLENT kindergarten teacher. We love her dearly. She works hard for each student and has his/her best interest at heart. We were most disappointed with the principal/school leadership. Not every family has the same experience at Disney. I can only state our disappointment. It is best to consider good and bad before determining if this is the right school for your family.

My daughter has an awesome teacher. My daughter has special needs and was placed in a typical class with no assistance. She struggled a lot. This was not through fault of her teacher. They are working with me to get the assistance she needs. I love her teacher and the staff are great with her. They just do not have the resources to meet the needs of my special needs child. This is the reason for the 3 stars

We just moved into the Disney area. I was surprised that my son felt at home in school just after two weeks. There is such motivation for the children that he was encouraged and elected student counsil. I'm very happy with this school. The most important for us as parents is the fact that they are small groups and teacher/parent communications are outstanding. They also ensure parent involvement.

Last modified Walt Disney Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.