Springfield, MO

Posted August 02, 2013
I have worked as a teacher in 3 Springfield Missouri schools. In my 13+ years as an educator I have had experience in a wide range of public school settings. Walt Disney Elementary is staffed with the most compassionate and professional people I have ever known. The parents and students at Disney are an absolute pleasure. I look forward to finishing out my career at this school:) I can't even began to say enough about it!!

Walt Disney Elementary School 3

Posted May 28, 2013
The curriculum is great however the communication from staff to parents is poor. My kindergartner was expected to send home flyers with important info on it. I got questioned twice as to why I was walking my child to class in the morning! I felt welcomed at the beginning of the school year but after that I felt the school was geared toward parents either involved in the PTA or had more time to dedicate to volunteer work. Other than that the academics were the only thing I can say best about this school.

Walt Disney Elementary School 1

Posted February 27, 2013
Terrible school I received an average education and all the fund raisers the rewards went to the principal; doctor Miller. She got to ride in on a motor cycle she got to ride a horse she got to dunk a basketball. Etc. after you get rid of miller then maybe you can get somewhere!

Walt Disney Elementary School 2

Posted July 16, 2010
Our daughter has an EXCELLENT kindergarten teacher. We love her dearly. She works hard for each student and has his/her best interest at heart. We were most disappointed with the principal/school leadership. Not every family has the same experience at Disney. I can only state our disappointment. It is best to consider good and bad before determining if this is the right school for your family.

Walt Disney Elementary School 3

Posted March 22, 2010
My daughter has an awesome teacher. My daughter has special needs and was placed in a typical class with no assistance. She struggled a lot. This was not through fault of her teacher. They are working with me to get the assistance she needs. I love her teacher and the staff are great with her. They just do not have the resources to meet the needs of my special needs child. This is the reason for the 3 stars

Walt Disney Elementary School 1

Posted April 27, 2008

Posted October 02, 2007
We just moved into the Disney area. I was surprised that my son felt at home in school just after two weeks. There is such motivation for the children that he was encouraged and elected student counsil. I'm very happy with this school. The most important for us as parents is the fact that they are small groups and teacher/parent communications are outstanding. They also ensure parent involvement.

Posted January 17, 2004
Excellent school. You can see it in the eyes of great children. Moving forward with the great desire and happiness to learn.

Posted August 10, 2003
I have found Disney to be a school of top notch quality teachers. Our Principal is very connected with the kids.

Walt Disney Elementary School
4100 South Fremont, Springfield, MO  65804
Last modified Walt Disney Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Walt Disney Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top