Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted July 05, 2016
I want to say thank you to all the teacher! We came for after school things they had going on and all the teachers were very nice and we always felt very welcome and had lots of fun. I feel like they all do a very good job! My son asked me if he could go back to this school because he wanted to go back to mrs. Hortons class. He will be returning but we explained you do not get to have the same teacher and he said he still wanted to go back. It makes us feel good to know he actually wants to return.

Weaver Elementary School 3

Posted July 05, 2016
I feel like the school is okay but could change a few things to make it better. (1) they need a new office lady! (2) if a child needs to use the bathroom at anytime they should be able to go.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted July 05, 2016
We loved all the teachers they were super nice but we did have one problem our son had to dribble in his pants because the teacher told him if he went to the bathroom she would take all the money he earn away but we think what happen was she had already. Taken them to the bathroom and he didn't go and a few minutes later had to go. The office lady was VERY rude and I heard tons of people complain about her! I'm not sure about the principle.I never met the principle, and I'm not even sure who the principle is.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted August 19, 2015
Because of the politics at the school, kids learn to be sneaky and manipulative. Core values are thrown to the wind in an effort to just survive.

Posted August 19, 2015
If you can send your kid anywhere else, do it. Only a few of the teachers really care about the kids and ALL the teachers are afraid of the principal. The principal is a terrible bully (to everyone - adults and students alike) and the secretary sucks up to the principal until you wonder how she breathes. I saw so much wrong with this school it gave me nightmares. Bullying and discrimination are rampant. I moved my kid and saw an instant improvement.

Weaver Elementary School 2

Posted September 23, 2014
Unfortunately, Weaver can not seem to do better with scores. My children were going there and I loved the teachers because I do believe they care. But their hands are tied also as how much they can offer the students. Everything is about politics and looks, we finally had an opportunity to change schools and I can see the difference in my children's behavior has turned more positive since my oldest keep getting bullied on the playground and nothing was ever done but when he tried to defend himself he would get in trouble. Things need to get better for Weaver.

Posted September 22, 2014
My son enrolled in Kindergarten here, and the first day of school, we were informed that due to his mental and behavioral issues, he would only be allowed to attend half days. Yet, they refused him an IEP. His teacher was very nice, and seemed to want to help, but all the principal could do was make excuses, and the secretary would scream at the kids for no good reason. Plus, when my son was sick, we called to let them know, but then they called the truancy officer, claiming he had missed all of these days with no contact, and that we were voluntarily picking him up early! This school is a crock, and my son wasn't the only victim. Another child I knew was equally discriminated against because he was Autistic. Never again!

Weaver Elementary School 2

Posted March 23, 2014
Weaver since implementing the common corp concepts only show that switching gears took the school from bad to worse! We have a 1st student and a 2nd grade student at Weaver. It has been a sub par school since we moved into this district and has sunk even lower in scores as seen in the 2013 assessment. My children will finish out this year and then home school as we can do a better job than the school is currently doing. Plus the fact that they require parent involvement anyway which we do but most of the teaching is coming from the parent to begin with,not from the school. I encourage a new team to lead the school that is more focused on children and less focused on self image. People the basics are being missed here!! teach the children as it is all about them!! figure that out and then you will get somewhere until then the students will continue to falter. Pay teachers more to do their jobs and give them the resources they need and stop hiring Superintendents over a quarter million dollars plus give him a 37,000 raise over the last guy when the children are failing and no recovery in sight!

Posted August 13, 2013
Informed me that my son would be starting 1'st grade with no problem, and then the day before school started called to say classes were full and would have to go elsewhere. The secretary was the one who called and had a 'Could give a Dam' attitude. My daughter is still going to be attending the 'Wonder Years' program there causing a headache with having to get both my kids to two different schools at the same time.

Posted August 08, 2013
My child went To Weaver Elementary for her 4th grade year... IT WAS THE WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!! 1.THE PRINCIPAL ACTS LIKE A STUCK UP SNOB 2.THE TEACHERS ARE ALWAYS ON EDGE 3.THE BULLY ISSUES WERE HORRIBLE!! 4.HEADLICE WAS HORRIBLE AND THE TEACHERS DID NOTHING TO STOP IT! I DONT RECCOMEND THIS SCHOOL TO ANY 4th GRADE PARENT(or any other parents) THIS SCHOOL IS POOR AND DEMEANING!! I DONT RECCOMEND THIS SCHOOL TO ANYONE!!!!!! IF YOU DO SWITCH GO TO BOWERMAN ELEMENTARY IT IS A FANTABULOUS SCHOOL!!!!!ITS THE EXACT OPPISITE FROM WEAVER!!!!

1461 North Douglas, Springfield, MO  65802
Last modified Weaver Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.