Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)

Most of the teachers seem to love their students and trying their best to make learning fun!

Besides the great community involment at this school, they are geared great for learning at different levels and really want the children succeed. The only thing i dont like is their late policy makes children feel alienated and bullys them into feeling bad for their entire day-week. I remember when my son was two minutes late in kindergarten we were made to stand and wait in the lobby for Fifteen minutes to allow the office clerk to write every child a slip before letting them to class. Evertime another one would come through the door we would have to wait longer. My son didnt understand why he was punished for my mistake. After all i dont know any kindergartners that got themselves up and ready and walk three blocks across division by themselves. He was targeted for not being a super leader and shunned for that weeks social activity. I am amazed by the cruelty. If it was for something he had any control over i wouldnt mind but at 6-7-8 children are dependent on their parents. Overall i love this school- just dont be late!

Grateful to: Teacher

Thank you to all the teachers and new Principal for your persistence, love and dedication to our children at Weaver!

I feel like the school is okay but could change a few things to make it better. (1) they need a new office lady! (2) if a child needs to use the bathroom at anytime they should be able to go.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Because of the politics at the school, kids learn to be sneaky and manipulative. Core values are thrown to the wind in an effort to just survive.

If you can send your kid anywhere else, do it. Only a few of the teachers really care about the kids and ALL the teachers are afraid of the principal. The principal is a terrible bully (to everyone - adults and students alike) and the secretary sucks up to the principal until you wonder how she breathes. I saw so much wrong with this school it gave me nightmares. Bullying and discrimination are rampant. I moved my kid and saw an instant improvement.

Unfortunately, Weaver can not seem to do better with scores. My children were going there and I loved the teachers because I do believe they care. But their hands are tied also as how much they can offer the students. Everything is about politics and looks, we finally had an opportunity to change schools and I can see the difference in my children's behavior has turned more positive since my oldest keep getting bullied on the playground and nothing was ever done but when he tried to defend himself he would get in trouble. Things need to get better for Weaver.

My son enrolled in Kindergarten here, and the first day of school, we were informed that due to his mental and behavioral issues, he would only be allowed to attend half days. Yet, they refused him an IEP. His teacher was very nice, and seemed to want to help, but all the principal could do was make excuses, and the secretary would scream at the kids for no good reason. Plus, when my son was sick, we called to let them know, but then they called the truancy officer, claiming he had missed all of these days with no contact, and that we were voluntarily picking him up early! This school is a crock, and my son wasn't the only victim. Another child I knew was equally discriminated against because he was Autistic. Never again!

Weaver since implementing the common corp concepts only show that switching gears took the school from bad to worse! We have a 1st student and a 2nd grade student at Weaver. It has been a sub par school since we moved into this district and has sunk even lower in scores as seen in the 2013 assessment. My children will finish out this year and then home school as we can do a better job than the school is currently doing. Plus the fact that they require parent involvement anyway which we do but most of the teaching is coming from the parent to begin with,not from the school. I encourage a new team to lead the school that is more focused on children and less focused on self image. People the basics are being missed here!! teach the children as it is all about them!! figure that out and then you will get somewhere until then the students will continue to falter. Pay teachers more to do their jobs and give them the resources they need and stop hiring Superintendents over a quarter million dollars plus give him a 37,000 raise over the last guy when the children are failing and no recovery in sight!

Informed me that my son would be starting 1'st grade with no problem, and then the day before school started called to say classes were full and would have to go elsewhere. The secretary was the one who called and had a 'Could give a Dam' attitude. My daughter is still going to be attending the 'Wonder Years' program there causing a headache with having to get both my kids to two different schools at the same time.

Last modified Weaver Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.