Posted September 22, 2014
My son enrolled in Kindergarten here, and the first day of school, we were informed that due to his mental and behavioral issues, he would only be allowed to attend half days. Yet, they refused him an IEP. His teacher was very nice, and seemed to want to help, but all the principal could do was make excuses, and the secretary would scream at the kids for no good reason. Plus, when my son was sick, we called to let them know, but then they called the truancy officer, claiming he had missed all of these days with no contact, and that we were voluntarily picking him up early! This school is a crock, and my son wasn't the only victim. Another child I knew was equally discriminated against because he was Autistic. Never again!

Weaver Elementary School 2

Posted March 23, 2014
Weaver since implementing the common corp concepts only show that switching gears took the school from bad to worse! We have a 1st student and a 2nd grade student at Weaver. It has been a sub par school since we moved into this district and has sunk even lower in scores as seen in the 2013 assessment. My children will finish out this year and then home school as we can do a better job than the school is currently doing. Plus the fact that they require parent involvement anyway which we do but most of the teaching is coming from the parent to begin with,not from the school. I encourage a new team to lead the school that is more focused on children and less focused on self image. People the basics are being missed here!! teach the children as it is all about them!! figure that out and then you will get somewhere until then the students will continue to falter. Pay teachers more to do their jobs and give them the resources they need and stop hiring Superintendents over a quarter million dollars plus give him a 37,000 raise over the last guy when the children are failing and no recovery in sight!

Posted August 13, 2013
Informed me that my son would be starting 1'st grade with no problem, and then the day before school started called to say classes were full and would have to go elsewhere. The secretary was the one who called and had a 'Could give a Dam' attitude. My daughter is still going to be attending the 'Wonder Years' program there causing a headache with having to get both my kids to two different schools at the same time.

Posted August 08, 2013
My child went To Weaver Elementary for her 4th grade year... IT WAS THE WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!! 1.THE PRINCIPAL ACTS LIKE A STUCK UP SNOB 2.THE TEACHERS ARE ALWAYS ON EDGE 3.THE BULLY ISSUES WERE HORRIBLE!! 4.HEADLICE WAS HORRIBLE AND THE TEACHERS DID NOTHING TO STOP IT! I DONT RECCOMEND THIS SCHOOL TO ANY 4th GRADE PARENT(or any other parents) THIS SCHOOL IS POOR AND DEMEANING!! I DONT RECCOMEND THIS SCHOOL TO ANYONE!!!!!! IF YOU DO SWITCH GO TO BOWERMAN ELEMENTARY IT IS A FANTABULOUS SCHOOL!!!!!ITS THE EXACT OPPISITE FROM WEAVER!!!!

Posted August 11, 2010
Absolutely the worst elementary school my daughter has attended. We moved her out of this school do to bullying issues in the classroom. The principal is rude and actually refused to talk with me about the problems my child encountered. I would not recommend this school to anyone who cares about their children.

Posted April 12, 2010
The principal at his school practices poor professionalism. She reprimands the students in front of other parents and is non-supporting to her teachers, which make the teachers on edge---not good for the kiddos---I transferred my child out of this school. I have witnessed so much I wish I could share more...

Weaver Elementary School 4

Posted January 09, 2009

Weaver Elementary School 3

Posted June 13, 2004
Weller is the place. Weaver is a good school but could not place my child in a room he needed so they transfered him to Weller.

Weaver Elementary School 4

Posted April 15, 2004
BBD classes are great here. 3 teachers to 5 students. 1/1 almost everyday. The only trouble I have is that the grade work doesn't follow with regular classes. But if you need a class for a BD child this is the school to go to.

Weaver Elementary School
1461 North Douglas, Springfield, MO  65802
Last modified Weaver Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Weaver Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top