Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Both of my children have attended Wilder Elementary school throughout their elementary school years. The principal is incredible...involved and caring. The teachers have been excellent and every one of them have showed they care and are responsive to our concerns if ever we had any. The support staff and specials teachers (PE, art, music) are phenomenal. Where else can you go where the music teacher gets students to perform at such a high level? And the PE teachers have always gone above and beyond to show interest in our children (one of them very athletic and the other average). High level of parent involvement too!

My daughter went to Wilder for all but one of her elementary years, and we loved this school. I hope my son gets to attend Wilder as well.

Wilder is a great school! The principal and staff are terrific and the parent involvement is extremely high, the school is always very welcoming to parents that want to be involved. I have been in a lot of elementary schools in Springfield, and Wilder is one of the best!

I couldnt be happier with Wilder. The principal, teachers and staff are amazing! They just added a 3rd kindergarten teacher to reduce the number of students per class. Amazing! I have a stepdaughter in another Springfield district and wish she could be in Wilder!

All 3 of my children have gone to Wilder. The love and attention the teachers and staff give to the students there is unbelievable. I cannot think of a better school for a child to begin their education at.

My family recently moved here from a smaller town. I have been all but pleased with the principal, starting with him argueing with me over my son being a boy when he said he was a girl, then discriminating against my youngest, whom is a special needs child. I am however very pleased with both of my childrens homeroom teachers. Other than the teachers, this school has not been very welcoming.

We moved to Springfield from an larger city. I had very high expectations for my daughter's education. I have been extremely pleased with just about everything so far at Wilder. Everyone is very accessable and the Principal is that wonderful disciplinarian who also expects alot from his students and demands that they in turn understand and respect their teachers, something that is truly missing in today's schools. Wilder is very open to parental visits and volunteering. I work, but volunteer regularly during the lunch hours and I am always pleased by what I see when at the school. Parental involvement is very high at this school and it shows in the successes that this school is seeing. My hat is off to the staff for doing a great job educating our children. This experience has been a wonderful suprise! Great job!

Wilder is an Ok school. If you have any special needs with your child this is not the school for you. They cater to money and not really the education of all children.

Last modified Wilder Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.