Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Wilder Elementary School 4

Posted April 14, 2016
My daughter went to Wilder for all but one of her elementary years, and we loved this school. I hope my son gets to attend Wilder as well.

Posted March 23, 2015
Wilder is a great school! The principal and staff are terrific and the parent involvement is extremely high, the school is always very welcoming to parents that want to be involved. I have been in a lot of elementary schools in Springfield, and Wilder is one of the best!

Posted September 10, 2013
I couldnt be happier with Wilder. The principal, teachers and staff are amazing! They just added a 3rd kindergarten teacher to reduce the number of students per class. Amazing! I have a stepdaughter in another Springfield district and wish she could be in Wilder!

Posted July 09, 2010
All 3 of my children have gone to Wilder. The love and attention the teachers and staff give to the students there is unbelievable. I cannot think of a better school for a child to begin their education at.

Posted March 09, 2010
My family recently moved here from a smaller town. I have been all but pleased with the principal, starting with him argueing with me over my son being a boy when he said he was a girl, then discriminating against my youngest, whom is a special needs child. I am however very pleased with both of my childrens homeroom teachers. Other than the teachers, this school has not been very welcoming.

Posted March 10, 2009
We moved to Springfield from an larger city. I had very high expectations for my daughter's education. I have been extremely pleased with just about everything so far at Wilder. Everyone is very accessable and the Principal is that wonderful disciplinarian who also expects alot from his students and demands that they in turn understand and respect their teachers, something that is truly missing in today's schools. Wilder is very open to parental visits and volunteering. I work, but volunteer regularly during the lunch hours and I am always pleased by what I see when at the school. Parental involvement is very high at this school and it shows in the successes that this school is seeing. My hat is off to the staff for doing a great job educating our children. This experience has been a wonderful suprise! Great job!

Posted July 03, 2008
Wilder is an Ok school. If you have any special needs with your child this is not the school for you. They cater to money and not really the education of all children.

Wilder Elementary School 3

Posted June 09, 2006
Wilder elementary is a good school. Though we've found some not great teachers, evan the worst are not bad. The school has a wide variety of activities available. Parental involvement is superb.

Posted March 25, 2006
This school is outstanding! I'd recommend this school to anyone I can. The teachers are determined and love children. This is absoloutly a 5 star school. The extracurricular activities are outstanding and fun. The teachers give it all that they can and thats so inportant. There is no other school I'd rather have gone to. AMAZING!

Wilder Elementary School 1

Posted December 17, 2005
This is a school I would definitely not recommend! I have a special needs child, with everything on file and still they do not meet his needs. They tell me that he can't meet the criteria because of state regulations even with dr's orders, and paperwork. They have him labeled as a problem child when all he needs is the help. They wouldn't even let me walk my child to his classroom but I told them to basically shove it. They are way too strick, and unless you have a child that is normal with no needs or mentally incable of understanding anything this isn't the place for your child. They don't want to put the extra effort.

2526 South Hillsboro, Springfield, MO  65804
Last modified Wilder Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.