Springfield, MO

Posted May 21, 2014
My oldest daughter is finishing up 5th grade, and my youngest is in 3rd. We have been a part of Jeffries since 2008. I'm a highly educated person and wouldn't hesitate to move my children if they weren't being educated properly. I can honestly say that we have had the BEST experience with teachers and staff at this school. Jeffries has a little bit of everything; black kids, white kids, rich kids, poor kids, you name it. The only complaint I could possibly offer is that it's a bit overcrowded, but SPS is building a new elementary in the area, and I suspect that will thin Jeffries out a bit. Also, this school was recently remodeled with a secure entrance and brand new gymnasium that doubles as a FEMA storm shelter. Coupled with a strong PTA, excellent principal, Watch Dog Dads, and tons of other volunteers, Jeffries is a truly great place. If you're deciding between homes and looking for the best education for your child, look no more.

Posted April 01, 2014
I love Jeffries school so much!!!! Our oldest has been there for two years going on three. Our second child is about to go next year. We love being apart of this great school. Dr. Cooper, teacher, secretary, school nurse. I mean you name it. They all have such a heart for the kids. We almost bought a home but it took us outside this school district and we backed out because we love this school and teachers so much. We couldn't ask for a better school. Thank you so much to all Jeffries workings for making it such an amazing place to be at and for our children to have a safe environment to go to school everyday:)

Jeffries Elementary School 1

Posted November 22, 2013
We were told that it is ok for the teachers grandmother to volunteer in the class room some times... but not us as parents in the class room!

Jeffries Elementary School 1

Posted November 15, 2013
This is a horrible school. The lack of communication about anything is appalling. We recently received news from the Jeffries staff that our daughter was given a flu vaccine without parent permission. After a 3 hr goose chase and many phone calls, we were told that our daughter must not have actually received the vaccine at the Jefferies health fair on 10/14/13 because they don't have a permission slip for her. When asked for the original permission slip that I specifically wrote Don't vaccinate on, it cannot be found at Jeffries school now. Now we are left wondering if the reason our child was sick for close to 2 weeks in Oct was because she received the vaccine at her doctor s office and then another dose days later at her school. We do not know for a 100% because one person says one thing and another says something different. None of them have documentation to prove the truth. After all of this, we cannot get her transferred to a new school, we are told we have to have a sit down with Dr. cooper, the principal.

Posted October 08, 2013
This school is child centered with a great staff. The curriculum is excellent with high student achievement.

Posted May 13, 2013
My son is ASD and has been going to Jeffries for 3yrs now and I can't believe how much he's improved socially as well as academically. The staff really cares about the student's and they do everything they can to make sure the kids are getting the best education possible. I credit his teacher's for his love of learning!

Posted November 24, 2012
My girl friends son is flourishing in this school. the staff is very helpful in keeping us in the loop on where he is excelling and lagging.

Posted October 07, 2009
Jeffries is a great school! The teachers are committed to working with parents to ensure the very best education for children. The parents are a tremendous support for teachers and students. What a wonderful place to be!

Jeffries Elementary School 0

Posted October 06, 2009
I love Jeffries Elementary School because they accepted the challenge of educating my son who has high functioning autism for five years.

Jeffries Elementary School 4

Posted October 03, 2009
We have the best teachers who are 100% dedicated to the Jeffries kids.

Jeffries Elementary School
4051 South Scenic, Springfield, MO  65807
Last modified Jeffries Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jeffries Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top