Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My child's teacher communicates regularly with us. She informs us about home activities that will help inhance his understanding of the lessons he's learning at school. The principal is great. The PTA is awesome.

My son was injured at school. The teachers ignored his injury. The professionalism of the principal is severely lacking.

For being a school that puts the kids first, that's one of the last things that happens. To turn a child away just because of a misunderstanding is wrong in my book. They need to be more prepared and flexible with childrens activities. It's not about the adults it's about the children having a good time. The non dress code that the teachers present is just ridiculous and ate not setting any good examples for the children. With my experience with McBride school, I would recommend another elementary school for your children.

Our son started going to McBride 8/2011. He was home-bound due to receiving chemotherapy for Leukemia. His teacher came to us, and seemed to be unprepared most of the time. We realize she had family obligations, however they always seemed to cut into his school time. He was only allowed 5 hours a week at home services which are totally inadequate. The second year he was in remission and went to school full time he was immediately targeted to be held back. It took threatening the school with a lawsuit to have our son tested for learning disabilities as they just chalked it up to his having missed too much school. Since then he has been to a psychologist/psychiatrist to help with his disabilities. This whole situation has put a strain on our son...we even considered transferring him to another local elementary school, and found the social workers are one and the same....very disappointed with the whole handling of this situation. With as large of a district Springfield Public Schools is they should be more accommodating for children with disabilities. We would have gave -1 for the star rating if it existed! Sorry he has to go back to this school in the Fall!

My son goes to this WONDERFUL school. They ALL put the kids first,lots of FUN things for them to do...Keep up the good work!!!!

We got off to a rocky start with concerns about classroom sizes, but after two years at McBride our children have learned beyond what I expected. We have been very pleased with the teachers and the staff is kind and warm. The school encourages parent involvement and the district is working to reduce the student to teacher ratio. We will be moving and are sad to leave McBride behind.

As far as teaching my child is learning so much here. My only problem is the behavior of the children. My child has come home with brusies from kids that should keep there hands to themselves and respect their classmates. My child hasnt had a very good 1st year of school. Moved and now nobody here wants to be a friend to my child. At least at the other school my child had friends and encouragement from his teacher. If things doesnt change my child wont come back to McBride next year.

My daughter is in 2nd grade and has attended McBride since Kindergarten. She is thriving in school, loves all of her teachers, and the principal is wonderful! Great school--even though the school system isn't always the best.

This is an excellent school! The principal, Mr. Range, should be principal of the year! He is very involved with the activities and academics of the students. The teachers are top notch! We were very sad to move up to fifth grade! We miss McBride very much! It was a great experience in my son's life education.

Last modified Mcbride Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.