Springfield, MO

Mcbride Elementary School 1

Posted February 27, 2014
For being a school that puts the kids first, that's one of the last things that happens. To turn a child away just because of a misunderstanding is wrong in my book. They need to be more prepared and flexible with childrens activities. It's not about the adults it's about the children having a good time. The non dress code that the teachers present is just ridiculous and ate not setting any good examples for the children. With my experience with McBride school, I would recommend another elementary school for your children.

Mcbride Elementary School 1

Posted June 30, 2013
Our son started going to McBride 8/2011. He was home-bound due to receiving chemotherapy for Leukemia. His teacher came to us, and seemed to be unprepared most of the time. We realize she had family obligations, however they always seemed to cut into his school time. He was only allowed 5 hours a week at home services which are totally inadequate. The second year he was in remission and went to school full time he was immediately targeted to be held back. It took threatening the school with a lawsuit to have our son tested for learning disabilities as they just chalked it up to his having missed too much school. Since then he has been to a psychologist/psychiatrist to help with his disabilities. This whole situation has put a strain on our son...we even considered transferring him to another local elementary school, and found the social workers are one and the same....very disappointed with the whole handling of this situation. With as large of a district Springfield Public Schools is they should be more accommodating for children with disabilities. We would have gave -1 for the star rating if it existed! Sorry he has to go back to this school in the Fall!

Posted April 19, 2010
My son goes to this WONDERFUL school. They ALL put the kids first,lots of FUN things for them to do...Keep up the good work!!!!

Mcbride Elementary School 4

Posted March 20, 2008
We got off to a rocky start with concerns about classroom sizes, but after two years at McBride our children have learned beyond what I expected. We have been very pleased with the teachers and the staff is kind and warm. The school encourages parent involvement and the district is working to reduce the student to teacher ratio. We will be moving and are sad to leave McBride behind.

Mcbride Elementary School 3

Posted November 12, 2007
As far as teaching my child is learning so much here. My only problem is the behavior of the children. My child has come home with brusies from kids that should keep there hands to themselves and respect their classmates. My child hasnt had a very good 1st year of school. Moved and now nobody here wants to be a friend to my child. At least at the other school my child had friends and encouragement from his teacher. If things doesnt change my child wont come back to McBride next year.

Posted February 25, 2007
My daughter is in 2nd grade and has attended McBride since Kindergarten. She is thriving in school, loves all of her teachers, and the principal is wonderful! Great school--even though the school system isn't always the best.

Posted February 06, 2007
This is an excellent school! The principal, Mr. Range, should be principal of the year! He is very involved with the activities and academics of the students. The teachers are top notch! We were very sad to move up to fifth grade! We miss McBride very much! It was a great experience in my son's life education.

Posted May 25, 2004
McBride is an excellent school. My child has attended it for 3 years and we have had no problems with anything. The teachers are kind and caring, the principal is very interactive with all the students, and you are always kept informed on all the activities. 5 stars!

Posted August 29, 2003
This is a top-notch school. The teachers and staff are caring and kind. Their teaching methods are excellent. The principal is new for 2003-2004, but the previous principals have led the school in a very successful manner.

Mcbride Elementary School
5005 South Farm Rd 135, Springfield, MO  65810
Last modified Mcbride Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mcbride Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top