Posted November 21, 2013
I am a former student here, who is now in 8th grade. After Truman, I left and attended other schools. However, I still have yet to find a school with better treatment of children by teachers, and positive relationships and immediate acceptance of "new" kids. It is public, but honestly there really wasn't ever any trouble by the kids, and when there was the teachers always had it under control. This is one of the best schools you can put your child into.

Posted April 23, 2013
I am a 5th grader and I am new at truman it is agood school. i like that we swich classes.

Posted October 13, 2012
We moved to a neighborhood when our kids were preschoolers just to enroll them at Truman. They went all the way through from k-gr. 5. I visited the school weekly to have lunch with my kids. I was always impressed with the way teachers treated students. It was a quiet and orderly school. My kids felt safe and respected there. Teachers were innovative in keeping students engaged and worked well with parents to problem solve when issues came up, whether is was socially, academically, or whatever. Great family community with parents involved and fun all-school events. Highly recommend this school!!

Truman Elementary School 1

Posted August 11, 2010
Truman Elementary might be a good school for a "normal" student. However when you are dealing with severe disorders, they prefer to ignore and dismiss the problems rather than handle them professionally. Unfortunately, the children are the ones who pay the price for it.

Posted May 04, 2010
Bringing my daughter here from another state,she was welcomed as if she had been one of their own from the beginning. When extra help was needed, it wasn't pulling teeth to get her the help...the school reacted immediately in recognizing that help was needed, and following through with giving the extra help. In my opinion, Truman Elementary is a fantastic school.

Posted April 19, 2005
This school is good quality and has teachers that are kind and who care about each student. They also have a safe school to learn in!

Truman Elementary School
3850 North Farm Rd 159, Springfield, MO  65803
Last modified Truman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Truman Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews.