Bad
Good

Willard South Elementary School 2

Posted November 12, 2014
My child is in kindergarten this year at Willard South and this will be her last year at this school. The curriculum seems to be on par. She is learning a lot and really likes her classroom environment. However, in this school, you are NOT allowed to walk your child to their classrooms. I was told that this rule wasn't for safety reasons but because some students might start missing home and cry. Okay, fine. Whatever. The teachers talk down to you and make you feel like you don't know how to raise your child. When I've emailed or called the school with questions I was either ignored completely or passed off. I think I'm a loving mother and I truly care about my child's education. When a parent has a question about what a government funded elementary school is teaching or how they work with a child then answers should be readily provided. One question I had in particular was passed from the teacher to the principal to the superintendent and I still don't have an answer. I've been told by higher administration to just go back to square one and talk to the teacher, which resulted in silence and no answers.

Willard South Elementary School 4

Posted May 16, 2007
Academics are standard with extras. They provided help for special needs children and children who need help with speech, reading and pre-school prep for those extra behind. We do have music every four days..sports are not available, however the Willard parkboard is awesome and we have joined wonderfully led baseball, soccar and basketball through them. This year for the first time my student participated in the following activities: Afterschool artist, afterschool actress, flip flop girls, and Honor Chior. There were even more activities available we did not take advantage of. Willard south has girl scouts and boy scouts. Willard does alot to keep parents involved. Parent participation is amazing and wonderful. Great community, overall I rate it an eight

Willard South Elementary School 5

Posted February 28, 2004
I have 3 children in Willard South and I am here to say that it has a wonderful experience. Thank-you to all of the staff for that. And a special thanks to Mrs. Bailey, glad to have you back.

Willard South Elementary School 5

Posted September 09, 2003
We have had one daughter through Willard South already - she was constantly encouraged to do her best and always came home with a good attitude (even about the homework). Now our son is attending in Mrs. Vaughn's 4th grade Emints program - kudos to her - she is one of the most incredible teachers you will ever have the pleasure to work with. This entire district is very child/family oriented and we are very satisfied with how they encourage us to work with the staff/faculty and our children to see how far they can go. Thank you Willard!

Willard South Elementary School
4151 West Division, Springfield, MO  65802
Last modified Willard South Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.