St. Joseph Elementary School 2

Posted September 25, 2013
It's difficult to rate this school using a star approach. THIS SCHOOL IS WONDERFUL if you have a "typical child." If your child has any type of hyperactivity disorder and/or attention deficit, BUT DOESN'T QUALIFY FOR AN IEP IN PUBLIC, the school struggles with finding a way to assist. Their way of assisting is telling parents to get medication, despite doctor's recommendations to not medicate. They have a fabulous resource teacher but, unless you have a child who is medicated, the school will fail to use her. The school often refers to their handbook which implies "direct special education cannot be provided", which is understandable. However, a lot of children fall through the cracks and won't get direct special education, but need a teacher/administrator who think out of the box. This is not available at St. Joseph. Unless you are ok with medication, do not go here. The teachers/administrators struggle with boundaries and will suggest medication, which is a battle you may not way. If you believe in medicating, and have no health concerns holding you back, it is a wonderful school with wonderful values.

St. Joseph Elementary School 1

Posted September 22, 2013
If you have a child who is struggling in any way. Do Not Send Them Here! They cannot and will not help your child. The other principal was awesome. She is no longer there, however. They don't listen to parent concerns or advice either. For parents who pay, make sure they have the resources and the drive to want to help your child. They need to work on helping more with diversity of children and less who fits a certain mold.

Posted September 21, 2012
This is the best Catholic school in town. The other Catholic schools use a demerit point system for discipline. This is the same system used in prisons and reform schools for problem children. I consider it a form of emotional child abuse. At St. Joseph, they love their children that attend their school and they would never even consider using such an abusive discipline system. They use the same books as the other Catholic schools and their graduates are as equally prepared for higher education. This school and Greenwood are the two hidden gems of education in the Springfield area.

Posted November 04, 2007
This school is excellent. The teachers and principal really care about the kids. It is a well rounded education that my kids love.

Posted July 07, 2007
Our daughter has flourished at St. Joe's. She's getting A's and enjoying close friendships in her small classes. It's the best-kept secret in local education! People love dumping on our school for their own reasons, but we just stay positive and get the last laugh, because our kids are so much the better for getting to spend time in this caring educational community.

Posted June 30, 2007
i was skeptical about the is school at first, but once i got there i fell in love. this sports are awesome. fine arts: great! no school could measure up to it! A+!

St. Joseph Elementary School 2

Posted January 31, 2005
If your child needs help with reading don't waste your time with this school. They won't be able to help. I always thought private meant better until, I had to find a new school for my daughter 2 weeks into the school year. Even though the classroom sizes are low, the teacher said she didn't have the time to give my daughter what she needed. I think it was more an ability to be able to pick and choose your students. They also don't have to help children with disablities, so no ramps. I always thought that christian school would be more excepting of all children. This is not true, because thet are a private school. Save your money, us the public school system, and teach your children about god yourself and how to except all people.

Posted December 03, 2004
My son's comment about this school says it all...'Mom, I love going to school at St.Joe's.' This school is filled with teachers/staff/administration that are supportive and caring. I am only sorry that I waited so long to move him to this school. I wanted that 'free' public education. But now that I see my son's academics progress, his self-esteem flourish, and his overall personality really come out and shine -- this is one check I don't ever mind writing! Public schools have wonderful, caring, devoted teachers, but they have so many issues to deal with that I could always see my 'average' kid falling through the cracks.

St. Joseph Elementary School 3

Posted September 28, 2004

St. Joseph Elementary School
515 West Scott Street, Springfield, MO  65802
Last modified St. Joseph Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Joseph Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top