Springfield, MO
Before care: Yes

Posted July 22, 2014
Excellent staff with people who are dedicated to learning and loving. Highly recommend if you are looking for a great Christ centered education for your child,

Springfield Lutheran School 2

Posted May 16, 2014
Great fine arts & athletics programs! Parent involvement & classroom technology are excellent. Academics @ SLS is average or below. I compared SLS with public school, & by 8th gr, SLS is behind public school in math. I was disappointed with the reading curriculum. My child never read to the teacher ("reading" was listening to a tape of a woman reading the story TO the class). Teachers should form appropriate reading groups in a class! I found 2-3 teachers to be a bit "snooty." One teacher made me move my car because I was in their "spot." (Teachers don't have designated "spots" though) The environment is lacking. I expected my child to be in a place where bullying wasn't allowed & structure the norm. My experience was disappointing. There are kids at SLS that should have been (according to the school handbook) in detention or suspended for continuous disrespect & defiance. Neither happened. This interrupted my child's education. I know 3 families that left for this reason.The principal is fun. Perhaps too fun & not enough of discipline. He ignores problems. I believe this is because it is hard to discipline kids when you go to church with their parents. Call it "politics"

Posted May 17, 2012
End the search for the best school in Springifled, because here it is. Tucked in a super residential neighborhood, SLS is THE place to be. The early childhood program is hands down the best in the area and has the most qualified teachers, even some who won national awards for their teaching and knowledge. Older students enjoy a challenging academic program as well as a great sports and fine arts program. They met with my family for a personal tour and immediately built a relationship with us. SLS is the best!

Posted May 11, 2012
I love the people and program of SLS. They have a great blend of traditional education and new technology that meets my child's needs. They have wonderful people who will do whatever to help you and your child with any problem.

Posted July 16, 2010
Excellent, Wonderful....if I could list all of the words, there would not be enough space. Great pincipal, most of the teachers are very good...both of our kids LOVED the school. When you are at SLS your entire family is part of the SLS family.

Posted March 20, 2010
Wonderful school. Great group of kids. Clear expectations of the students. Family environment. I just cannot say enough. We love the school.

Posted March 09, 2009
I am so thankful that my 3 children are able to attend this fantastic school. They are recieving a holistic, well rounded education. The teachers go the extra mile to present applicable lessons to foster learning.

Posted February 17, 2009
I think this school is one of the best-kept secrets in Springfield. Families from other surrounding areas send their children here (not just Springfield residents), including parents who teach in public schools/the local universities, because they prefer the Christian atmosphere and positive learning environment. Take a tour and check it out.

Posted February 17, 2009
SLS is one big happy family. My child has attended SLS since pre-school and currently is in the 5th grade. We've been pleased with every teacher & all the staff members throughout our experience. The halls are full of laughter, whistling, singing & smiles. I'm sad to see it end after 8th grade but rejoice in knowing that my child's learning began with a solid foundation in a Christian atmosphere. I am confident & secure that she, armed with her faith, will be prepared for high school both academically and emotionally. THANK YOU SLS!

Springfield Lutheran School
2852 S Dayton Ave, Springfield, MO  65807
Last modified Springfield Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Springfield Lutheran School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top