Bad
Good

While I was teaching here it was a wonderful environment. The administrators really had a handle on what was going on in the school and managed to support their staff while seeing to the interest of the individual students. The diversity of the population and how everyone interacted was the best though. I have worked in other schools that had diverse populations, but everyone self-segregated. You won't see that in the Ritenour School district. It truly is wonderful and I have not seen anything so positive in any of the other locations I have worked. Hats off to the school district, they have managed to form a uniquely welcoming environment. I wish there were more schools like this!

This was my middle school and i believe that most of the teachers do a very good job. they push the students that want to be pushed and prepare you for high school very well as long as you listen. the only problem i have with this school is the amount of bullying that goes on and how the staff does little about it. i had problems with multiple students throughout my middle school career and when i went to the principles and counclers telling them my problems multiple times, they would tell me they would get back to me and could never find the time until i slowly gave up. also, when they did help, they would never pick sides and say everyone involved is in the wrong of every problem, which may be true sometimes, but not in every case. Especially bullying. All in all, this is a very good school as long as you can stay away from the wrong people. And if you have a student who is advanced, the PC teacher is exceptional. Also, the orchestra teacher will truly be missed, but i know the new teacher is great if the old one has anything to do with it.

I moved here when I was in 7th grade thinking everything was gonna be fine. And it was for the first 5 months. Then in the middle of the year and in my 8 th grade year, everything changed. I thought it was me, but t wasn't. I had a 3.8 g.p.a but in the 2 years I've been here it has suffered because the teachers heredont care, they have poor teaching skills and they're just lazy. My experience here was been terrible because of all the bullying that has been going on. The rules in handbook that they give don't really matter because that's just to fool parents into thinking that this school is good. You would find students dressed in short shorts, mini skirts and tight shirts that show too much cleavage. And the rooms and hallways are just disorganized, messy and dusty everyday no matter how good the janitors clean up. I don't know if hoechwill get better or worse, but this Is how I see hoech middle school.

i go to this school and i really like the students...everyone gets along.(most of the time) some of the teachers on my team last year were not into what they were doing and didnt care while others dedicated their time to their students.

Upon my son's first year at Hoech Middle School, I think that Hoech is unsatisfactory. He has been bullied, laughed at, picked on, and tortured by his own team! I would rate this higher if you crack down on bullying and the things that my son has to go through!

This is my sons first year at this middle school. I am shocked at the lack of concern that the teachers have for the students. I now understand why this schools ratings are so low. The parent/teacher conferences are a joke the teachers do not want to hear what the parents have to say, they are rude and make it clear that the parents are not part of their childs education at this school. The teachers are the reason why this school is failing, its the teachers failing the students at this school, not the children failing this school. They have a sink or swim mentality. They do not care if these students fail. My experience at this school explains why this school is doing so poorly, and it sets the stage for why the high school is a miserable failure.

My opinion is negative regarding this school. It is my son's first year in this district and I am for the first time unsure for his future. I have found it difficult to have a real conversation with most teachers here as they do not want to hear what you have to say and 'take' over the conversation. I get that the kids are in middle school and need to take more responsibility, but most teachers have this sink or float attititude with the children and show little concern about what is in their best interest. I also feel that the child's popularity influences the teachers on they the treat the kids here which is heartbreaking to see as a parent.

Last modified Hoech Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.