Bad
Good

Posted February 27, 2016
When my husband retired from the Army and we moved back to Saint Charles from Georgia, my oldest daughter was in 3rd grade. She had missed quite a bit of school during the transition process, and when we finally got here and got her enrolled here, her teacher helped tremendously with getting her caught up so she could pass on to the 4th grade. She even excelled in her test scores, in the 99th percentile! Fast forward 3 years, I now have a son that attends Coverdell. He started kindergarten there last year and it has been the best experience! He loves going there! His kindergarten teacher was great. His 1st grade teacher this year is wonderful! They really do care about the students there. I love how his teacher this year takes an individual approach and seems to do what works best for each student according to their personalities and learning styles. Very friendly and caring staff overall, from what I have seen! Sad that we are moving. I only hope the next schools are as awesome as this one has been!

Posted November 14, 2010
Our child has gone here for two years. The teachers are excellent and they benefit from a fantastic principal and leadership team. Their continued hard work and dedication to the kids is evident with the school passing the 2010 testing standards. We are very happy with our child's education at Coverdell.

Coverdell Elementary School 1

Posted September 24, 2008
I have had three children that have attended Coverdell over the past few years and have been sadly disappointed time and time again. We originally transferred away from Coverdell when my first child was in first grade and were forced to return last year because the district closed two elementary schools, due to lack of children in the district. I was very fortunate a my other two children were placed in the classrooms of two very good teachers who cared about my kids and tried to fill in where the district runs short. This district is greatly mismanaged and run by a Board that has no ties to the schools and only cares about their needs and opinions. Look at the numbers. This district is on its way to becoming the next St. Louis City School District. Really do your research before you choose your children's school.

Posted June 26, 2008
My children have recently completed their first year at Coverdell. I was not too familiar with it or the teachers but I soon found that it is a wonderful school! The principal, Ms. Hill, is great as are the rest of the staff. The office knows all the kids by name and the teachers are remarkable. My children have also advanced academically at a fast rate. I can't say enough about the level of education and professionalism at Coverdell.

Coverdell Elementary School 4

Posted July 24, 2006
My son has attended Coverdell since kindergarten and is now a 5th grader. Even though I have had some problems with certain teachers over my son's behavior I do find it a good school. They really do work well with helping children when they need it and my son has a ton of friends there. It is hard for some kids with the open rooms but I think it helps my son and gives him the opportunity to learn new things.

Coverdell Elementary School 2

Posted May 01, 2006
My son attended Coverdell for one year and we found it unacceptable for him. The open environment was too distracting and the school has a heavy concentration on special education and English as a second language. The school does a wonderful job in those areas but left my gifted student hanging by himself. He did not fit in well with the kids attending there and was being bullied in first grade on the playground.

Coverdell Elementary School
2475 West Randolph St, St Charles, MO  63301
Last modified Coverdell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.