Bad
Good

Posted April 11, 2014
I went to West in the 1990's so my perspective is a bit outdated. I have done very well professionally and make a very nice salary even by pre-recession standards. None of this would of happened without the dedicated staff at SCW. This school saved my academic life. Several teachers there were nothing short of heroes and went above and beyond the call of duty to help me learn. I cannot express the depth of my gratitude.

St. Charles West High School 1

Posted May 07, 2010
i dont really have much of an opinion about this school but i do know that bigger isnt always better i got to orchard farm and its probabily one of the best public schools in st. charles.

St. Charles West High School 2

Posted April 11, 2010
St. Charles West has a new million dollar football field but is hundred of thousands below budget for the next school year. The gym is excellent and now so is the football field, however teaching the students seems to be lacking and communications to the parents leaves a lot to be desired. If your child has a very low grade in , for example, english 1 would you tell the child to take a more advanced English class. Yep at St. Charles West you would and then wonder why the child is making a low grade.

Posted March 10, 2010
As an alum from St. Charles West, I can say that I greatly appreciated the school. There were many excellent teachers, great extracurricular activities, and the students got along much better than in some of the larger schools in the area (I'm looking at you Fort Zumwalt). I would recommend living in the district more than, say, the Fort Zumwalt or Orchard Farms areas.

St. Charles West High School 2

Posted December 31, 2009
Saint Charles West is clean, and may have great teachers, but MAP scores have plummeted in the last 10 years. SCW is below neighboring schools in academic performance. Otherwise I agree,the sports and band are great.

Posted March 30, 2009
Saint Charles West is a clean, organized facility with great teachers and staff. They put the students needs ahead of their own personal life and teach to fully enhance the children.

Posted September 20, 2008
Both my children graduated from SCW and both received a quality education that enabled them to earn scholarships at the Universities of their choice. One child was heavily into sports while the other was into student government and the arts. As diverse as their interests were, SCW was able to nurture their interests in a safe environment. Whenever I had a concern, I called the school and spoke to a Guidance Counselor or the Principal immediately. They always listened attentively and addressed the situation. I was very pleased with the school's social dynamic, academic and athletic achievements. I would recommend this school to anyone moving into the area.

Posted May 29, 2007
St. Charles West is an excellent school. My children have had wonderful teachers. My oldest son did quite well on the ACT. In fact, he is a Missouri Bright Flight scholar.

St. Charles West High School

Posted January 06, 2006
I graduated from St. Charles West in 2004 and while West has it's problems just like all high schools, I am constantly reminded of how glad I am that I attended West rather than other high schools I hear about. This is a wonderful school!

Posted January 07, 2005
I a currently a senior at SCWest also and I love it! I came from a private school and think the education at West is amazing and there are a lot more opportunities at a public school than at a private school. I also think that the students and teachers are great! Two thumbs up!

St. Charles West High School
3601 Droste Rd, St Charles, MO  63301
Last modified St. Charles West High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.