St Charles, MO

Harris Elementary School 2

Posted January 29, 2015
I have never really written a review of anything really, but I was so disappointed in this school that I want to reach out and let others know how they could be treated. My son started kindergarten this year, I had written a note for the teacher to put my child in the parent pickup line at the end of the day because he no longer attended daycare in the evenings. When I went to pick up my child they had sent him to the daycare! They were rude and not very caring when at first they weren't sure as to where my child was, and had to call around to find him! At the beginning of the school year I was renting an apartment, later on I had purchased a home in another district. I am new to the rules and I did not want my child to have to leave his friends at kindergarten, so I did not mention the move. I had no idea it was a huge issue and when they got wind of me living at a different residence they sent a notice home that said, I needed to bring in proof of residence or my child will no longer attend their school. Then when I called the principle, she told me since I was out of district he had to transfer, only giving me a week to get it done. Just terrible. FYI

Posted October 31, 2014
I don't know if its me but I have found the principal to be extremely rude.Its not what she's telling its the way shes telling it.Some teachers are extremely good and I'm lucky my kid got some really good teachers.

Posted November 15, 2013
My daughter currently attends this school and as far as education this school is great, however my daughter started experiencing bullying and I came up to the school on three occassion discussing the problem with the guidance counsler and the principal and the very next year my daughter was in the same class with the "bully". Spoke with the principal and she stated she didn't know there was an ongoing issue. I feel there is really no understanding about bullying.

Posted August 02, 2010
I have both my children at Harris and love it here. The teachers are wonderful and help you in anyway they can. But needless to say the principal Dr. Bishop is one of the best I have ever seen in action. He is very willing to work with you as a parent and help your child when you are not around. He is interactive with the students and the programs in the school. The school itself is a very nicely put together. The teachers are provided with wonderful age appropriate books and materials for the kiddos to work with. The school does seem to be growing bigger and bigger every year. I would highly recommend this school.

Posted March 17, 2010
I wonder who decided to change the timings to so early in the morning for small kids. That is the worst thing-school start time- about this school

Harris Elementary School 1

Posted March 16, 2010
It is a great school if your child is perfect, but not so great if you have a special needs child.

Posted November 27, 2008

Posted August 19, 2008

Posted August 04, 2008

Posted April 30, 2007
Harris is an outstanding school! Our family has been blessed being here. The principal, Mr. Bishop, is a strong leader with a true love for kids. The teachers that my kids have had are wonderful. The administrative staff is conscientious and caring. The school has a strong PTO and it supports & encourages parent participation. There is an outstanding music program, a good computer program, a professional art teacher, and a creative PE program. You can feel the positive energy in this school. Several of the staff have received district-wide recognition. While I can't speak to kids with special needs, I have seen the staff support and integrate all kids in the school while being firm yet fair. The kids enjoy recess and extra school activities. Overall, Harris Elementary has been a great place for our family! Thank you!

Harris Elementary School
2800 Old Muegge Rd, St Charles, MO  63303
Last modified Harris Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harris Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top