Harris Elementary School 3

Posted November 15, 2013
My daughter currently attends this school and as far as education this school is great, however my daughter started experiencing bullying and I came up to the school on three occassion discussing the problem with the guidance counsler and the principal and the very next year my daughter was in the same class with the "bully". Spoke with the principal and she stated she didn't know there was an ongoing issue. I feel there is really no understanding about bullying.

Posted August 02, 2010
I have both my children at Harris and love it here. The teachers are wonderful and help you in anyway they can. But needless to say the principal Dr. Bishop is one of the best I have ever seen in action. He is very willing to work with you as a parent and help your child when you are not around. He is interactive with the students and the programs in the school. The school itself is a very nicely put together. The teachers are provided with wonderful age appropriate books and materials for the kiddos to work with. The school does seem to be growing bigger and bigger every year. I would highly recommend this school.

Harris Elementary School 3

Posted March 17, 2010
I wonder who decided to change the timings to so early in the morning for small kids. That is the worst thing-school start time- about this school

Harris Elementary School 1

Posted March 16, 2010
It is a great school if your child is perfect, but not so great if you have a special needs child.

Posted November 27, 2008

Posted August 19, 2008

Posted August 04, 2008

Posted April 30, 2007
Harris is an outstanding school! Our family has been blessed being here. The principal, Mr. Bishop, is a strong leader with a true love for kids. The teachers that my kids have had are wonderful. The administrative staff is conscientious and caring. The school has a strong PTO and it supports & encourages parent participation. There is an outstanding music program, a good computer program, a professional art teacher, and a creative PE program. You can feel the positive energy in this school. Several of the staff have received district-wide recognition. While I can't speak to kids with special needs, I have seen the staff support and integrate all kids in the school while being firm yet fair. The kids enjoy recess and extra school activities. Overall, Harris Elementary has been a great place for our family! Thank you!

Posted January 23, 2006
I was extremely happy with the academics of this school, as well as the teachers level of involvement. The principal was awesome, he really was concerned on what was going on there, all the way from the school bus to the classrooms. I would definetly recomend this school.

Harris Elementary School 4

Posted November 14, 2005
I have had 2 children go through Harris. I have found the teachers very concerned/involved with the children's progress and willing to adjust to meet their needs as necessary. The teachers will email or call regularly with updates if asked & will always contact with concerns. The office staff know the kids by name & it is a very friendly atmosphere. My children have progressed very well in this school. The school offers (free) training on stringed orchestra instruments after school, counseling groups, reading groups as well as other special interest groups. I have been very happy with all contact with the school.

Harris Elementary School
2800 Old Muegge Rd, St Charles, MO  63303
Last modified Harris Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harris Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.