St Charles, MO

Castlio Elementary School 3

Posted March 07, 2014
My child is a kindergartener at Castlio. The orientation night was so unorganized and no one was around to tell parents where to go. His teacher is great but I am so disappointed with the principal. The principal is NEVER available. In person she has never introduced herself, (just walks right by) never smiles, and seems very cold and unapproachable. The school is in desperate need of color and cheer. I am also sad that there are very few activities planned. I get the impression the staff is always in a hurry to get out the door. I think the school would greatly benefit by getting a new cheerful principal and some brightening of the environment. The principal is the face of the school and Bridgett Niedringhaus doesn't deserve that role from what I have observed.

Posted August 20, 2013
Overall a good school. I had a bad impression of the principal as well. She gave me the stink eye for not knowing how things worked at the school and there were several moments last year where misunderstandings took place because of a lack of communication to newbie parents. I wish I had been given a manual of basic policies because I seemed to learn everything the hard way. As far as PTA goes, I went to one meeting and there were only about five to ten parents. The good news is, his kindergarten and first grade teachers were both stars. He seemed to really enjoy going to school every day, and he learns a lot. I see the school has top ratings, and the caliber of the teachers must be the reason. He really loves the huge playground.

Posted May 02, 2013
The principle that I have mostly dealt with, Dr. Bridgett Niedringhaus, is very unapproachable, cold and rude. Any time I've tried talked with her, I get the sense that she is too busy to talk with someone beneath her. It's really a shame, I would like to be more involved in my childrens school, like I was at their previous one, but we just don't feel welcome here. The principle is suppose to be the face of the school, and the face is not one of warmth, care and nurturing. (There previously were more negative reviews here, mostly about the principles, it's curious they are now gone)

Castlio Elementary School 3

Posted April 21, 2011
My special needs girls attended this school from K-3. Although the school is not bad all around, it's not great for children with special needs. The biggest issue we had was the principal. She is not supportive of anyone who doesn't come from money or doesn't bend to her every will. She needs to be more understanding of the children she is supposed to be a role model for. For the most part, the special ed teachers tried to be understanding but also did not try to become educated about my children's disabilities. They tried the best they thought they could and I am thankful for that. The school they are in now is miles ahead of Castlio.

Posted July 26, 2009
Castlio has great teachers and staff who foster a caring community where kids feel safe and are enabled to do their best. We had our kids in a Montessori school and were worried about the quality of a public school in comparison. The quality of the educational experience is, in fact, better at Castlio than at the private school! We could not be happier with our experiences at Castlio.

Posted November 26, 2008

Posted October 20, 2008
Castlio is an excellent school. It is staffed by caring teachers and staff, and we would not want our children in any other elementary school. Keep up the good work!

Posted October 12, 2004
- a former student

Castlio Elementary School
1020 Dingledine Rd, St Charles, MO  63304
Last modified Castlio Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Castlio Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top