Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

The principals all take their time to get to know the children and they make such a great effort to resolve any conflicts that arise in a timely fashion. They not only have the parents of the child who go to this school supporting them, the whole surrounding community supports this school and the principals!! The teachers are top notch. Children with disabilities make tremendous strides forward due to the amazing teachers, low incidence teachers and therapist they may work with throughout their years at Castlio!! The staff is super friendly and are always willing to help whenever they can!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Can't say enough about all the staff at Castlio. I have read where FHSD is one of the best districts for teacher continuing education for them self and professional development. This shows that the school, and the district care about our kids. FHSD has more Board Certified Teachers than any other district in Missouri.

Amount of homework: Agree

I feel my son receives just the right amount of homework. I feel the need to learn at school and at home is a good thing. However I don't think kids free time should be having their nose glued to a book all night! They need their free time to play, exercise and get the energy out. Castlio has good grasp and understanding about balance in this department.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I feel Castlio and their rigor curriculum helps build strong learners who will be future business owners, employees, and just good citizens. Castlio has always seem to treat ALL students and parents with respect and are very understanding in accepting their input into education and school issues.

We had heard so many great things about the Francis Howell School District that we decided to look for our next home in the FHSD boundary. We did our research and talked with residents around several elementary schools. We absolutely loved the feedback and feeling we got after visiting Castlio. It's a excellent school with so much to do, and it's a school that is surrounded by houses. It's convenient to get to, both for school, or after hours for playground use, or field use. I have 4 children and all have had rigor education through Castlio, Bryan Middle, and Francis Howell. I think we made the right choice on where to move!

My child is a kindergartener at Castlio. The orientation night was so unorganized and no one was around to tell parents where to go. His teacher is great but I am so disappointed with the principal. The principal is NEVER available. In person she has never introduced herself, (just walks right by) never smiles, and seems very cold and unapproachable. The school is in desperate need of color and cheer. I am also sad that there are very few activities planned. I get the impression the staff is always in a hurry to get out the door. I think the school would greatly benefit by getting a new cheerful principal and some brightening of the environment. The principal is the face of the school and Bridgett Niedringhaus doesn't deserve that role from what I have observed.

Overall a good school. I had a bad impression of the principal as well. She gave me the stink eye for not knowing how things worked at the school and there were several moments last year where misunderstandings took place because of a lack of communication to newbie parents. I wish I had been given a manual of basic policies because I seemed to learn everything the hard way. As far as PTA goes, I went to one meeting and there were only about five to ten parents. The good news is, his kindergarten and first grade teachers were both stars. He seemed to really enjoy going to school every day, and he learns a lot. I see the school has top ratings, and the caliber of the teachers must be the reason. He really loves the huge playground.

The principle that I have mostly dealt with, Dr. Bridgett Niedringhaus, is very unapproachable, cold and rude. Any time I've tried talked with her, I get the sense that she is too busy to talk with someone beneath her. It's really a shame, I would like to be more involved in my childrens school, like I was at their previous one, but we just don't feel welcome here. The principle is suppose to be the face of the school, and the face is not one of warmth, care and nurturing. (There previously were more negative reviews here, mostly about the principles, it's curious they are now gone)

My special needs girls attended this school from K-3. Although the school is not bad all around, it's not great for children with special needs. The biggest issue we had was the principal. She is not supportive of anyone who doesn't come from money or doesn't bend to her every will. She needs to be more understanding of the children she is supposed to be a role model for. For the most part, the special ed teachers tried to be understanding but also did not try to become educated about my children's disabilities. They tried the best they thought they could and I am thankful for that. The school they are in now is miles ahead of Castlio.

Castlio has great teachers and staff who foster a caring community where kids feel safe and are enabled to do their best. We had our kids in a Montessori school and were worried about the quality of a public school in comparison. The quality of the educational experience is, in fact, better at Castlio than at the private school! We could not be happier with our experiences at Castlio.

Last modified Castlio Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.