St Charles, MO

Central Elementary School 1

Posted August 18, 2014
If you have a child with special needs, I would steer clear of this school. Principal turns a blind eye to what is happening. Additionally the office staff is cold and dismissive. Just an overall bad feeling in this school. Happiest day of my life when we rid ourselves of this institution.

Posted May 14, 2013
Awesome educational experience for all of my children. Central Elementary is the school for the extremely gifted SEGA students. They also have a wonderful gifted Spectra program which my children thoroughly enjoy.

Posted May 14, 2013
We have had nothing but great experiences at Central Elementary! The teachers have been wonderful, and they have done an excellent job preparing them for middle school and a lifelong love for learning.

Central Elementary School 4

Posted April 23, 2013
I found the teachers to be great and very communicative with the parents. When children had special needs, they were taken seriously and accommodations were made. I was sad when one of the vice principals that worked hand in hand with our family toward success of my children took a higher position in administration. Overall, we really loved our experience at Central when my children attended there.

Central Elementary School 2

Posted August 09, 2011
There is an overabundance of behavioral problems in this school which is distracting for my daughter. The office staff is very rude as well. I am pulling her out and putting her in private. At least there she has a chance to learn something other than poor behavior. Not up to my standards at all.

Posted October 24, 2010
Excellant staff all the way around. My kids love this school and so do I. We have never had a problem with any of the office staff being rude as some of the other reviews state and we have been a part of the Central community for a very long time.

Central Elementary School 3

Posted August 05, 2009
The teachers are great and my children love going to school. However, I hate going in the office and dealing with the unfriendly and often rude office workers.

Central Elementary School 3

Posted June 09, 2009
I would have to say that I have only come in contact with great teachers, my child has been very fortunate in this area and has excelled academically and socially. The principal seems a bit unfriendly and unorganized, the office staff is rude and very unpleasant.

Central Elementary School 1

Posted February 09, 2009
This school does have great resources and some great teachers. Too bad the pace and atmosphere is set by a very lazy principal. The district states that it will challenge every child to their best abilities, not at this school. My kids are good students and always get the highest marks and have exceptional behavior. The consistently never have any homework and ask many days to just stay home. My kids tell me 'I won't learn anything in class anyways'. This school has no focus and struggles to keep up with the standards. It seems like anytime there is a goal to be met, the whole process will go by poorly planned and generically executed. I get the impression that many teachers just show up to work with no compassion to excel their students learning abilities.

Posted January 17, 2009
I am very happy with this school. I have three great kids there and all of there needs are constantly assessed and met. The GREAT majority of the teachers are very professional and very friendly. The administration is very willing to listen to parents and has done a great job in stressing positive feedback for positive behavior. The office could be a little more on the nice side, but not a big deal. The new PTO is working very hard to create fun extracurricular opportunities for the students. I am happy to have my kids at this school. I am an involved parent and I feel that I have a very accurate picture of the way things are.

Central Elementary School
4525 Central School Rd, St Charles, MO  63304
Last modified Central Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Central Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top