Bad
Good

I have 2 kids attending the school, and my husband and I couldn't be happier with the teachers, staff, and facilities. My kids enjoy the many family-friendly activities scheduled throughout the year.

If you have a child with special needs, I would steer clear of this school. Principal turns a blind eye to what is happening. Additionally the office staff is cold and dismissive. Just an overall bad feeling in this school. Happiest day of my life when we rid ourselves of this institution.

Awesome educational experience for all of my children. Central Elementary is the school for the extremely gifted SEGA students. They also have a wonderful gifted Spectra program which my children thoroughly enjoy.

We have had nothing but great experiences at Central Elementary! The teachers have been wonderful, and they have done an excellent job preparing them for middle school and a lifelong love for learning.

I found the teachers to be great and very communicative with the parents. When children had special needs, they were taken seriously and accommodations were made. I was sad when one of the vice principals that worked hand in hand with our family toward success of my children took a higher position in administration. Overall, we really loved our experience at Central when my children attended there.

There is an overabundance of behavioral problems in this school which is distracting for my daughter. The office staff is very rude as well. I am pulling her out and putting her in private. At least there she has a chance to learn something other than poor behavior. Not up to my standards at all.

Excellant staff all the way around. My kids love this school and so do I. We have never had a problem with any of the office staff being rude as some of the other reviews state and we have been a part of the Central community for a very long time.

The teachers are great and my children love going to school. However, I hate going in the office and dealing with the unfriendly and often rude office workers.

I would have to say that I have only come in contact with great teachers, my child has been very fortunate in this area and has excelled academically and socially. The principal seems a bit unfriendly and unorganized, the office staff is rude and very unpleasant.

This school does have great resources and some great teachers. Too bad the pace and atmosphere is set by a very lazy principal. The district states that it will challenge every child to their best abilities, not at this school. My kids are good students and always get the highest marks and have exceptional behavior. The consistently never have any homework and ask many days to just stay home. My kids tell me 'I won't learn anything in class anyways'. This school has no focus and struggles to keep up with the standards. It seems like anytime there is a goal to be met, the whole process will go by poorly planned and generically executed. I get the impression that many teachers just show up to work with no compassion to excel their students learning abilities.

Last modified Central Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.