Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Posted June 01, 2016
excellent opportunities, staff engagement, extracurricular activities, leadership. Very dedicated teachers, everyone stresses academic excellence. Outstanding counseling.

Posted April 05, 2016
If your child plays sports be prepared for favoritism and ignorance to ensue. We are currently experiencing this with our second child to attend FHC. 2 different sports with the same experience. Such a disappoint and heartache to see coaches diminish hope and teach children such ignorance by not allowing them to play but sit in the sidelines/benches continuously while playing the SAME children at every event. As a parent our hands are tied. If you speak to the coach or sports director you child is all but blacklisted for the rest of their high school career.

Posted November 25, 2013
As a parent, I am not pleased with the administration of this school. Considering that I have a son with ADHD and he has an Individualized Education Program - I do not see the type assistance that I have seen in other schools nor have I experienced an active roll in teacher/parent communication that is significant in helping my child achieve. I have done my part in trying to help my own child but I have experienced nothing but "attitude" with respect to the staff. There is a level of "equal expectation" for all students and a lack of realization that is necessary in respect to the learning disabled and the staff has been rude and disrespectful towards me as a parent as I have tried to advocate for my child. It is difficult to reach anyone in authority to solve matters and there is a definite "Attitude" which develops from a lack of communication and it becomes evident over a period of time that your child eventually becomes the target of their anger if you report their level of incompetancy ... when you do indeed advocate on your own childs behalf. I would not recommend this school for anyone with children suffering from ADHD or Autism... as it is not taken seriously.

Francis Howell Central High School 4

Posted June 28, 2012
I have 2 children that graduated in 2007 & 2010 from FHC. They have excellent accelerated & honors classes that have greatly helped my children in college. The teachers were available before & after school to provide extra help. The Drama & Band programs are excellent, and those teachers go above & beyond to teach life lessons to the students. The counselor did not seem very knowledgeable about college searches other than SCC, Mizzou & MSU and specific majors, so we had to do most of the research on our own. Principals seem a little out of touch with the school and teachers. I hope FHC NEVER ends the college credit classes. One of my children left FHC with 33 college credits and graduated from college a semester early; and the other child left FHC with 23 college credits & will graduated next May one year early. Saved a lot of college tuition money! The placement test sometimes just works if your are good at taking tests. The classes provide the opportunity to learn. Athletics are ok...some of coaches are not very good and it shows. Overall FHC provided an excellent education, and my child out of college now has a great job with a nice salary.

Posted January 12, 2012
My daughter goes to Central and I think it is a great school! Her teachers have all been good and I really appreciate how well they keep in contact with me about her progress. I even get an email from her Science teacher letting me know how the class did on tests and quizzes before the school day has ended. The teachers volunteer their time before and after school to help go over material if the students are struggling. I have had some contact with her counselor too and he is always very helpful. I stopped by the school to bring my daughter something during the day and the principal happened to be in the entryway. He was very friendly and made me feel like he really cares about his school and all the students. I believe Francis Howell Central is an excellent school!

Posted September 05, 2009
Both of my 'special' kids received an excellent education here... from the one who was in accelerated and honors classes to the other who needed extra help just to pass... this was a perfect school and excellent district that really met all their needs.

Posted November 16, 2008
I am a graduate of this school and I don't believe it prepares you for college as the other high schools do. The academics are just O.K. Teachers don't take time to learn your name and don't help you if you are doing poorly in a class.

Posted July 16, 2008
The most impressive thing about Francis Howell Central High School is the Theatre Department. The students in the program are extremely prepared for the future in regards to leadership, team building, and cooperation. The department puts College-Level performances on a high school stage. Truly wonderful students, on stage as well as behind stage.

Posted April 28, 2008
Good kids, helpful staff and well educated teachers.

Posted November 30, 2006
This is a Great School. The Administration and Teaching staff is concerned about the success of all students. Safety and discipline is well maintained.

Francis Howell Central High School
5199 Hwy North, St Charles, MO  63304
Last modified Francis Howell Central High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.