St James, MO

St. James High School 1

Posted May 24, 2011
I am not happy with the level of education I received from this high school. Unfortunately, the teachers and staff were too focused on the students meeting the minimum criteria to get good graduation numbers that my classmates and I barely had to put forth any effort. I felt like I was handed everything on a silver platter and thus was NOT prepared for college. They should have made us work harder. Part of this problem is that to get enough funding from the state it's all about how many drop-outs you have and how many students graduate but not on the quality of the education. Some teachers were okay, but several of my teachers were also coaches and were much more focused on their coaching than being a good teacher. Some of these coaches did things like play videos the entire class period on multiple occassions instead of actually standing up and teaching us something.

St. James High School 4

Posted May 13, 2011
I am a student here and enjoy the much caring staff. They really try their best to support us and prepare us for schooling in the future. Though our school has a few rules that should definitely be changed, I think all in all my education here is decent and something to be proud of.

St. James High School
101 East Scioto, St James, MO  65559
Last modified St. James High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
St. James High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 2 reviews. Top