St. Joseph, MO

Posted February 11, 2013
Last summer I observed quite a number of the teachers of St. Paul voluntarily taking their time to tutor students that were struggling. The teachers were not paid for that - they were doing it because of their personal commitment to the well-being of their students. The facilities of St. Paul are excellent and the programs such as bad, music, PE, and computers are exemplary. I know how much the congregation commits to support the school and the tuition is substantially below the cost of other Christian schools in town. My children excelled at St. Paul and went on to honors work in high school and dean's list at college. The smartest thing my wife and I ever did was send our children to St. Paul's.

Posted August 14, 2012
I have been involved with St Paul School for 8+ years and I am so pleased with the education that my grandchildren receive. Our staff of teachers are challenging and encouraging Students are confident and secure. They are strong and comfortable in their faith. We have great parent and teacher interaction. St. Paul offers sports, academic competition, math counts,band, an advanced technology program and will be adding a science department and lab. Our campus is modern,clean and handicap accesable. I give thanks for the opportunities that St.Paul School provides and that my grandchildren have this special gift of education..

Posted August 06, 2012
An excellent school. My children graduated from St. Paul and went on to honors work at Central High School graduating with a very high academic ranking. All of the classmates of my children also were in the honors program at Central. The teachers care and have a tremendous record of turning out outstanding graduates.

St Paul Lutheran School 1

Posted June 29, 2009
I would not recommend this school to ANYONE. I had decided to pull my child from public school because of a physical handicap to allow him to be in smaller classes, hoping for more one-on-one with his teacher. However, this did not occur. The school and daycare is pretty well run by one family, my son's class was a split with 9 students. However the teacher was always too busy texting and emailing her friends to answer questions. Her teaching was basically handing out an assingment every day as the students worked diligently out of text books. Whatever was not completed during the school day, or items that the students did not understand were assigned for homework. This was in addition to memorizing a religious handbook/Lutheran religion. If you are not Lutheran this school is DEFINATELY not for you. You child will be expected to be Lutheran and practice/orate all Lutheran

St Paul Lutheran School 2

Posted November 24, 2008
Sad, but true. I don't want to go into too much detail, but we had a poor experience with this school. The curriculum is very confusing and off course at best. The staff, although kind, unfortunately seems not to have an accreditation equivalent to even the public schools. Academics consist of basically a 'brain bowl' style activity, and very few if any physical sports. I really don't like having to report this, but if you are thinking of sending your child here, you should know.

St Paul Lutheran School 0

Posted June 30, 2007
My son attended this school from Kindegarten through 4th grade when we moved. He learned to love to read and excelled in this school. The school itself felt like a warm home environment. This is one of Sedalia's best kept secrets!

St Paul Lutheran School 4

Posted December 24, 2006
This has been the absolute best alternative for us in comparison to homeschooling. We wanted a smaller school with Christian values that teaches excellent academics. Our children have all benefited from the small teacher/student ratio. Our second grader is learning spanish and reading at the 3/4th grade level. Our 6th graders are beginning algebra. This school has fantastic teachers and is an excellent place to send ones' children for college preparation!

Posted August 29, 2005
I respectfully disagree with the writer that states St. Paul students are one and more likely, two grade levels behind the public school system. It is encouraging to note that each 8th grade graduating class has had over 70% of students begin high school in the honors program. That is a fact that St. Paul can be proud of and no one can discredit that fact.

Posted May 08, 2005
My children attend St. Paul and I wouldn't have it any other way. Last summer my first grader attended a 'Camp' at the two of the public schools in town. After the first day at one of the schools, the teacher explained to me that my daughter already knew everything she would be learning in her class through the second semester. My daughter had attended kindergarten at St. Paul the year prior to this. I decided to keep my daughter in St.Paul. The class sizes are small enough and the children seem to learn many more things than children in public schools here in town. I am extremely satisfied with St. Paul.

St Paul Lutheran School 2

Posted January 28, 2005
St. Paul Lutheran evidences a distinct lack of ability to train children at grade level. Their teachers are poor to mediocre. The children who move from the school to the public schools generally find they are at least one and more likely two grade levels behind in mathematics and reading. There is also no evident mechanism for noticing and helping children with learning disabilities.

St Paul Lutheran School
4715 Frederick Avenue, St. Joseph, MO  64506
Last modified St Paul Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Paul Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top