Posted October 12, 2014
Me moved to St. Louis 4 years ago and we are so happy with Ladue schools!!! Great experience!!!

Posted September 27, 2013
We have had excellent experiences at Spoede Elementary, the middle school and the high school. No negatives. Moved in from Rockwood Schools in West County. They are also great, but from our experience, Ladue is far superior.

Posted July 30, 2013
Despite this website's rating of 7 out of 10, it is labelled second in the state elsewhere. Its ACT score compare favorably with John Burroughs, and the tuition is considerably less expensive, even if one is to pay out of pocket! As a former employee of the district, I am aware of the 24/7 mentality common to the faculty, and the predominance of professionals (doctors, lawyers, professors, business executives) among the parent populations whose expectations extremely high, even unrealistic at times. Our two children who are old enough to have graduated from Ladue Horton Watkins High School were admitted to the select Washington University of St. Louis, so called "Ivy League of the Midwest".

Posted September 17, 2012
Outstanding high school. Very strong selection of AP courses; our children had especially good experiences in social studies. Great clubs, activities, supportive atmosphere. I agree with the previous parent about the misleading math MAP scores. (Site should fix this.) As a college educator, I was delighted to send my children to this school. Students are well prepared for college.

Posted August 29, 2012
Excellent school with a very challenging curriculum but with very misleading Math MAP scores! GreatSchools.org gives LHWHS a lower score of "7" partly because of its low math test scores. It does not explain how the vast majority of Ladue students take the Algebra MAP test in 8th grade so the only ones taking the test in high school are an unrepresentative and small number of lower performing students. Ignore the Math test score results listed here, they are meaningless! If you want to see what the math scores are for the actual student body look at the numbers for Ladue Middle School. I've seen the typical student body in my son's classes and to think only 15%, 24% or even 34% of them are proficient in math is laughable.

Posted March 14, 2012
Best school in St. Louis, county great curricula, staff not only academics but also sports, from Elementary through high school . I have one graduate son , a Junior one in middle, and two in elementary , all great schools in the Ladue school district

Posted May 16, 2011
I graduated from Ladue along with my three sisters and brother. We are all bachelors graduates from universities. Two of us have masters degrees and one with a doctorate. Three of us have sent our own four of us have sent our own children through the district, I think that is the best testament, "repeat business"! Foreign languages unmatched at any private or public school around. Athletics and other extra curricular activities abound, always top rated forensics and other academic award winners. Enthusiastic teachers and tremendous parent support make the Ladue school district simply the best. Check it out for yourself!

Posted January 18, 2010
This is the best public school you can ask for especially in St. Louis. The sports teams are great as well as the academics where most schools in the area you get one or the other.

Ladue Horton Watkins High School 4

Posted January 15, 2009
I wish the communication was a little better between the staff and parents. Some teachers and staff haven't returned emails nor have some been prompt in keeping Infinite Campus up-to-date (online grade reporting). Other than that we have been pleased.

Posted October 23, 2008

Ladue Horton Watkins High School
1201 South Warson Rd, St. Louis, MO  63124
Last modified Ladue Horton Watkins High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ladue Horton Watkins High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top