Posted February 26, 2014
I have 2 boys- 4th grade and Kindergarten. Both love the school. The teachers by far majority take a keen interest in your kids learning and challenge them appropriately. Very diverse class mix.

Old Bonhomme Elementary School 1

Posted April 13, 2010
Unfortunately this school has several problem children, and instead of dealing with these children ... others who get in their way are punished instead. The school is good, the teachers (for the most part) are good. However they do not know how to handle problem students and because of that good students get in trouble.

Old Bonhomme Elementary School 0

Posted October 04, 2009
The diversity, parent involvment and district's priorities.

Posted December 02, 2008

Posted September 14, 2008
Old Bonhomme has a friendly, welcoming, and accepting atmosphere that makes both students and parents feel comfortable. Extra help is always encouraged and offered for students who need it, and presented in a very positive way. My favorite aspect of the school is the wealth of diverse cultures that make up the student body.

Posted August 19, 2008
The school selects their teachers based on merit and based on their ability to instruct children properly. Children are selectively helped by their teachers continuously. They realize that different kids learn different ways.

Old Bonhomme Elementary School 0

Posted August 24, 2007
As a former student and alumni of the district I was very disappointed to see that more teachers of color were not present in OBS this year. Ms. Toybes, Mrs. Roth and Mr. Hearn were all favorites for the last couple of years. Keep up the good work!

Posted April 18, 2006
Old Bonhomme School is the envy of parents around the Ladue School District. I have sent 3 kids through this school and when I am at the high school for an event and parents ask me which elementary school my kids went to, I tell them with great enthusiasm. I always receive a comment like... I wish we were a part of Old Bonhomme. It is very communal. It is extremely diverse and the staff is very accomodating. While I have had to advocate for my children at times, I have always had a positive resolution. The teachers are creative and really truly want students to achieve. They really knwo their subject matter, the students and the families. I couldn't imagine my kids having gone anywhere else. It's a great feeling to be so welcomed and appreciated. The extras like enrichment, ESL, Spanish, Computer Lab are on top of a beautiful, full library, PE, Music (voice, strings, band), counselor and activities galore! Come visit and see what an elementary school should be! Always striving to be the best!

Posted February 17, 2006
Old Bonhomme is a rare thing -- an excellent public school with a low student-to-teacher ratio (16-17 per class), amazing cultural and socioeconomic diversity, wonderful facilities, and great parent involvement. The school won a Blue Ribbon School award this year. Art, music, Spanish, and computer instruction are provided. Old Bonhomme parents know how lucky they are!

Old Bonhomme Elementary School 4

Posted September 05, 2005
OBS has a great sense of community. The families are very involved and the teachers all seem to go above and beyond the call of duty. Academically it is a good school. I am not a fan of its math program CSMP but, we have been told that it will be replaced with a more traditional/standard math program over the next few years. My kids just love OBS!

Old Bonhomme Elementary School
9661 Old Bonhomme, St. Louis, MO  63132
Last modified Old Bonhomme Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Old Bonhomme Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top