Posted November 23, 2014
Spoede is an extraordinarily warm and nurturing school. I have children who need extra assistance and children who are in the enrichment programs. Spoede provides the extra help as well as extra challenges that each child needs. I feel like I am leaving my children with family when I bring them to school. The teachers are energetic and excited about teaching and they love their students. My children love their teachers, are learning a lot and are exited about school. They are learning great computer skills. Spoede ROCKS principles (Respect, Ownership, Cooperation, Kindness and Safety) are reinforced constantly and the school celebrates the diversity of its student body with a Passport Night during which children learn about other countries and cultures (there are over 20 countries represented at the school). The Principal is caring, intelligent and always makes time for meetings with parents. The violin and choir programs are wonderful and there is a chess team that practices at the school that has won state chess championships. There is also a wonderful before and after care program. We moved here for the school and couldn't be happier.

Spoede Elementary School 2

Posted October 16, 2014
I have been extremely dissapointed with Spoede. My wife and I moved into the district because we were under the impression that it was a great school. Although it is a bit more academically challenging then her last school, it is not at all what I thought it would be. Even at Parkway we had a Vice Principal as well as a security gaurd, at Spoede there is neither. I also discovered that the staff is overworked and overtasked, the Principal does not even have a Vice Principal and the staff seems stressed and unhappy. Although there does seem to be a few good teachers, I would consider my childs teacher to be sub par. I would not have moved into the district if I knew the reality of this school, very depressing.

Posted April 28, 2014
We have been so happy at Spoede. Wonderful teachers that truly teach to the child, whether they are advanced or need a little extra help. Very active and devoted parent association. I always feel so welcomed when I come to the school. Well rounded curriculum, blending strong academics with daily gym, music, art, outdoor education and Spanish. Very impactful OASIS intergenerational tutoring program, and they have an excellent before and after school program for working parents.

Spoede Elementary School 0

Posted May 02, 2010
I think Spoede is a great school! So many kids would love Spoede! All the teachers and students seem really nice and polite.

Posted August 20, 2009

Posted August 07, 2009

Spoede Elementary School 0

Posted May 21, 2009
We have been at Spoede for 4 years now and it is fantastic. We love how much the teachers/staff care about every child. They go out of their way to help every individual child. Even teachers who have not taught my children know who my kids are which I really like. The school is very big on communication and goes out of it's way to make sure that everyone is included and informed for all activities. The best part is the invidual attention both of my children have received every year. It might of been more help with Math or Reading and even Speech, they were very proactive and reached out to give them the extra support they needed. We love Spoede!

Posted May 09, 2009
Kudos to the new principle who made a wonderful school even better! I was told prior to my child attending Spoede school, 'Spoede's teaching staff & services are as close to private as you will ever see in a public school setting.' However, I don't believe a traditional private school would have the depth of resources for enrichment & gifted programs. Spoede offers gym class daily, has one of the best elementary outdoor learning centers in the nation, a full music, art & Spanish curriculum coupled with a new 'state of the art' library & computer lab. We participate in the active Parents Association & overall parental involvement is exceptionally high. The teachers and support staff go the extra mile to make sure all the children's needs are met. Our daughter has flourished with the low teacher to student ratio & the culturally diverse student body. Six stars for Spoede!

Posted February 18, 2009

Posted May 27, 2008

Spoede Elementary School
425 North Spoede Rd, St. Louis, MO  63141
Last modified Spoede Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Spoede Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top