Posted August 17, 2014
This school is great so far... I have a kid that is starting first grade this year and another one will be in kindergarten next year. My sons teacher in kindergarten was Mrs. Wanko. She was great.

Posted February 16, 2014
Ok, You may be thinking that they have too much kids but not enough teachers. But the teacher still figure out a way to work with each and every student. the teachers and student at Bierbaum Elementary always figure out a way to handle situations and get each other excited. For example: -The school Carnavil - Bullseye, he is a buffalo (the school mascot) They Find out ways to work together and make this world a better place. They earned money by having a hat day and donated the money to charity's. two years ago they made cards for veterans and the computer teacher mailed them out. She was in the air force, I believe now she is serving with them again.PLEASE LOOK AT THIS PAGE ABOUT BIERBAUM http://bierbaum.mehlvilleschooldistrict.com/modules/groups/homepagefiles/cms/2367646/File/MSOC%20Application%202012-2013.pdf?sessionid=6fa5aa8b6371876dbe268d7ecabf1db8

Bierbaum Elementary School 3

Posted October 27, 2013
Thank you for everyone's reviews. I currently live in California and trying to find a good school for my kids when we relocate in a few months. I clicked on the link because I noticed it was scored a "3" and wanted to know why. My mind was blown away when I saw such great reviews and then others negative because of the class size. The district where we are at have WAY more student/Teacher ratios. Most every class have at least 30 in every grade level with no help. In 5th grade, some have even 36 students. I am still going to research other schools. I do want to say that it is good to know that there is a good support of parents (being on PTA, I do understand that most work is done with only 5 or 6 parents that really jump in). Thank you all for your reviews! (btw, I gave this school a 3 star because I wanted to give a neutral score)

Posted May 10, 2013
1) To the parent who said that the PTO needs to get a clue, you are dead wrong. The PTO does a great job at supporting the school without being overly pushy about the fundraisers. With a school of 600+ kids (and probably less than 5% of parents get involved in PTO), you can only do so much. 2) For the people complaining about class size - the MO state requirement is 25, and my daughter has never come close (20 - 22 for K-2). The state requirement changes for 4-5, which is why those classes are larger. 3) The teachers and staff really care about the students, both their book learning and their character learning. When we run into them outside of school, they always stop and talk to my daughter and any principal who can remember the names of 600+ kids is cool. They've won over my husband, who attended private schools growing up. 4) Full day kindergarten will be free starting in 2013-14, and even if it cost, it's worth the money (especially if you are a two-parent working family). The kids who were in half day kindergarten had a hard time adapting to the amount of classroom time in 1st grade. We love Bierbaum and are proud to say that our daughter attends school here.

Bierbaum Elementary School 4

Posted May 26, 2011
In response to the post about paying for kindergarten, you are dead wrong about it not being worth it. I do in-home child care and have some kiddos that go half day, so I opted to pay for my daughter to go full day. If you put what she learned up against what the half day kids learned you would see a day and night difference. The full day children have more time to work on the skills they will need to be successful. How much can these half day kids learn in 3 hrs? They alternate between recess, art, gym, and music each day so they only get roughly two hours of instruction. However I do feel $250 a month is excessive for a district that had a rather large surplus last year. Especially when they milk parents for ever possible penny they can. The PTO desperately needs a clue. Other then that it is a wonderful school and it is in your child's best interest to attend the full day kindergarten. I felt my daughters education was worth it.

Bierbaum Elementary School 0

Posted October 19, 2009
We are new there this year and they have imbraced us making my daughter feel so good about herself and school. This is a GreatSchool.

Posted July 29, 2009

Posted September 10, 2008
I know some of the other reviews have stated that there were 'too many children' and that the class sizes were too large, but my experience has been quite the opposite. My daughter (in first grade) has only 19 children total in her class. That's perfect, if you ask me!

Bierbaum Elementary School 3

Posted May 29, 2008
There are too many students. Needs more teacher assistance because one teacher can not help each student especially with kindergarters!

Posted November 08, 2007

Bierbaum Elementary School
2050 Union Rd, St. Louis, MO  63125
Last modified Bierbaum Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bierbaum Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews.