St. Louis, MO

Posted June 22, 2014
I went to OES for 6 years, and Ioved it! I have never seen such color (not blinding) or wide halls anywhere else. The staff is awesome! The principle (and every one else) are the most passsoinate, compassionate, caring, kind, and patient people I've ever met! Thanks 100% to them, I came into kindergarten slow, and left 5th grade on top. It is the best school experience I've ever had; I highly recommend it. You won't find another school like Oakville. OES! Is the Best! OES! Is the Best!

Posted April 11, 2014
I am a past student at OES. I would have to say that OES is probably the best elementary school in the mehlville district. It is newly built, with a small layout so your child won't get lost and is very clean. The staff is amazing! They train their kids well! At OES, they make sure things dont get out of hand. I never witnessed bullying at OES. The principal is amazing at addressing concerns. The environment is friendly. The education I received from here was of quality. I always had good grades. There os nothing else to say, OES just rocks!

Posted February 17, 2014
OES is amazing! It deserves a !0 on this rating! My daughter went here for several years as well as my son. My son has struggled in school for a few years now and OES and staff has turned that around. The new Principal is outstanding and has always gone above and beyond to help our child in anyway. The teachers are wonderful and always go the extra mile. We love this school and wish we could take the principal and staff with us when we move out of state.

Posted February 18, 2013
I am a parent of a 5th and a 3rd grader at OES and we have been here since my oldest started Kindergarten. To address the comment from January 2013, I can only wonder if the parent is talking about the right school. If they are an OES parent, I wonder how often that parent checks their child's assignment book or reads the teacher's newsletters. I can think of at least 5 mandatory projects that my child has participated in. These do not include the voluntary projects and activities my child has chosen to participate in. Like anything else, school is what you put into it. The connections that teachers make MUST be reinforced at home. In short, OES is an outstanding school with an awesome group of teachers. We are very lucky to have a principal who is very approachable and always attentive to parent concerns. In addition to this, we have a very active PTO who makes it a goal to help all parents feel involved. Please feel free to visit our website and contact our PTO volunteers with questions. http://oakvilleelementary.org/

Posted January 27, 2013
In response to the last review of OES, I would like to extend an offer to sit down and clarify your concerns. To be clear, there is no Assistant Principal at OES. 5th grade student projects are on display, and we will be hosting a district-wide science fair in April. OES students score competitively against their peers within the district and beyond. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the office if you would like to discuss your concerns.

Oakville Elementary School 3

Posted January 14, 2013
To be frank and honest, OES needs a lot of work. We recently moved to St. Louis and when we enrolled, learned that OES recently hired a new principle and vice principle. I was shocked to see to laziness of the admin staff. The hardly acknowledge you when you enter the office, and they'll finish their conversation among themselves before even looking at you. Also, the 5th grade test are completely unchallenging, they basically memorize flashcards, given to them by the teach. How are the children suppose to do well on the MAP, that way. Also, besides writing, there has not been one project and it's mid-January. No social studies posters, presentations or Science fair projects, nothing. I am not happy with this school.

Posted February 06, 2012
My kids LOVE OES!! We have had nothing but great experiences here. Lots of caring people to support your child and a lot of great family fun activities to participate in!!

Oakville Elementary School 4

Posted December 13, 2010
OES is a quality academic setting. I think any parent who has negative comments is a parent who wasn't told what they wanted to hear, but the truth. The new principal is a HIM, not a her. He is energetic and creative. He engages the students. His main goal is to educate and involve parents in their children's education by whatever means he can utilize. Unless very ill, he has attended every function hosted at the school- because he CARES. I completely diasagree with many of our teachers needing to retire. We have a highly qualified staff- especially for their pay grade. Change is a good thing in this instance!!!

Posted December 13, 2010
From someone who spent their Elementary School years moving more than once, I am going to make an effort to stay in this district and at OES for my kids. There is an open door policy to principal, excellent counselor and across the board parent involvement. They have helped educate me and made me a better parent. I love it that the PTO this year streamlined the fundraising processing and had only ONE fundraiser this Fall, when neighboring schools where sending home two and three different fundraisers in their first month of school. I cannot say enough.

Posted December 13, 2010
Our family loves OES! We currently have three children at the elementary school level and have felt through every grade a strong sense that our children and their education were of utmost priority to the staff at OES. The principal is outstanding. HE is above and beyond expectation. He addresses situations quickly and effieciently and is true to his word. The teachers are encouraged to push their students academically. They are readily available to discuss progress and needs. The district revised their gifted program this year in positive ways. There are numerous opportunities for help with reading, english as a second language, etc. The PTO is fabulous - taking into account feedback about fundraising in today's economy. Also earmarking funds to help families in our community during difficult times, as well as sponsoring student-interest contests, nights out, etc . etc. etc. As a whole, this school and the surrounding community of Oakville is outstanding. We chose to stay when we could have moved, and we plan to stay right where we are.

Oakville Elementary School
2911 Yaeger Rd, St. Louis, MO  63129
Last modified Oakville Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oakville Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top