Bad
Good

I just graduated in 2015. Overall all my teachers were helpful in my education though I do admit sometimes they just didn't care, but to the parents who complain about this...partly this is readying us for college. My professors care about my passing but if I show no effort, they don't care. It teaches students to be self motivated and do their own work, you literally won't be able to keep up with your kids in college (there is a privacy law) and continue to baby them. This school was helpful in teaching me to be productive and to do things for myself and that not everything is handed to you. If you see your child slacking here, its because they are not putting an effort into their education, it's not the administration or teachers fault most of the time. sorry not sorry.

OHS is an average school in academics and athletics. We transferred from another district and noticed not only a drop in our child's grades, but also a decline in our son's morale while attending OHS. The basketball program needs a complete coaching overhaul. Parental involvement and communication with teachers is low at this school. If a parent does not actively reach out to teachers they will have no communication other than the scheduled conferences. OHS is not a bad school, but if you are looking for a school where your child will thrive this is probably not the right school.

OHS has all the resources available to assist a student to achieve. Seems some parents and former students fail to realize that a traditional program teaches all. Those that wish to do more for themselves or their children need simply ask for additional assistance which is available in abundance at this school. I gather from some of the negative comments that these additional resources were never asked for. OHS teaches better grammar than shown in these comments. Some responsibility must be accepted by the student and/or parent if your ability to spell and write correctly fall short of expectations.

This school and Administration was awful when I attended and hate the worst experiences there. I was not only bullied by students but by the teachers and one principal there. No one was willing to help me. I have only few teachers I like from this school and I vowed to never live there so my kids would be treated that way. Im glad I did.

We moved into the district when my son started as a Freshman. He had never failed a class until OHS. Not only do the teachers not care if the material is being retained by the students, the principal does not either.

In reply to another parents vandalism comment, yes there was vandalism but the student and staff did care about the issues and even some clubs of our school help pay for some of the damages. The school did care and did all of the necessary steps to figure out who did it and how to fix it.

I agree with March 27, 2008 review. My daughter is a sophomore this year and no longer goes there. We removed her due to the vandalism and disrespect within the school. The worst thing is that the administration didn't care and didn't address the problems.

My son is a sophmore there and we love the school. We have had such wonderful experiences with the teachers and staff. I feel fortunate that my child can attend a school where they feel safe and part of a larger community.

School has gone down hill. Administration does not care. Vandalism has increased, kids fear for what will happen next. Teacher treat freshmen like they are stupid. Some teachers don't teach.

very good school Tom Heitman was the best teacher there!

Last modified Oakville Sr. High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.