Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

We have been at this school for K and 1st grade. Really exceeded our expectations.

Great school, two children there who have loved their teachers! Great leadership and a clear passion to do all they can for the kids that go there. Also lots of new investment going into the school!

This was a wonderful school for my straight A daughter, but when my son started, it was a different story. My son started at Mesnier with an IEP. I told them that he had a very hard time with his learning abilities. I never heard from his teacher, I would receive daily reports stating that he had good behavior each day. When I went to his conference, his teacher told me that his behavior disrupted the classroom and I asked her why he received good reports everyday and she said I don't know. I told her that I couldn't help with his behavior if I didn't know about it. She also told me that he was very behind the other kids in his class and started throwing other children's work at me telling me that he should know this and this, like the other kids do. I know what he should know, being a teacher myself. His kindergarten teacher was so hateful and was very mean to him. My son needed someone to encourage him, not knock him down. We have since switched schools and we are very happy with his teachers now. He is getting all the help he needs and I'm very happy about that. If you don't love your job, quit and don't let your hate affect children that need it. This is a good school if you have a smart child, but if you have a child that struggles, good luck. I'd move districts if I was you.

Mesnier Primary offers a wide variety of activities for even the youngest students. There are types of clubs and/or activities within the school day and outside of school for students to participate and learn beyond just the classroom (math clubs, singing, etc). There is a wonderful before and after care option for those who need it. Summer camp opportunities that are great for working parents and the kids have a blast. Affton has it's own bus system as well, where many schools don't have this as an option or it's an additional charge. The teachers, support staff, administrators, and principle(s) are very intelligent, supportive, and caring for the students. We have 2 children that attend Mesnier and we are extremely pleased with the schools overall performance and level of safety.

I have children both in kindergarten and second grade this year at Mesnier. I have been so pleased with the overall character education and behavior management. Positive rewards for everything from good behavior to good attendance. The teachers we have this year are tuned into my kids' needs and push them to excel in the areas they need. Only complaint is the kindergarten class is too big (24), but as a former first grade teacher I know enrollment is something hard to control. Specifically love the opportunity both kids had to participate in a science fair this year, the "family" days they have every month to mix different age groups and encourage cooperation, and also that they have recess BEFORE lunch. Wish our old school had done this...at most schools kids are racing to take a few bites, then throw away only half-eaten lunches. Wish recess first, kids are actually hungry at lunchtime and are expected to all eat together. The principal and VP are very "visible" and involved, can always be seen helping in the lunchroom, visiting classrooms, or at the quarterly family nights at the school. Also love the secured entry building. Very happy with our Mesnier experience this year.

Dissatisfied. Disappointed. Discriminatory staff. If your child has a chronic illness, be warned the staff will punish the child and unnecessarily report to the state. Negative comments, sarcasm,and bullying from one First grade teacher has destroyed my child's self-esteem.

I was there 1999 to early 2001. I had an SSD teacher that disciplined me unnecessarily. Also she had a very strict restroom policy. You get three restroom passes a day! That was second grade! We were also given yellow slips that has guidelines you have to follow. They have a "yes" or a "no" printed next to each guideline. Every "no" is circled, you lose five minutes of recess, no exceptions! We have a timed math tests in the afternoon to improve computation. I've remember a student was using fingers to count. It was working for the student but not the teacher. She was given no credit for the test. Another teacher I had was teaching second grade. She wouldn't allow me to express my obsession which is disability-related. She would of been in hot water under IDEA. These teachers were both petrifying and better change!

My daughter just finished Kindergarten and I am amazed at the knowledge she has gained this year!! I am very pleased with the school and staff! We can't wait to see what the next year has to offer!!

So far, I am really pleased with this school. My daughter just completed kindergarten, and has been asking all summer when she can go back. She is already reading extremely well and doing math problems with ease. Mesnier is a 'cute' little school( the murals in the halls and the ice cream cone out front are darling!) with a close knit feel to it, and the parents are always kept really informed. I think this school is a perfect 'fit'.

Last modified Mesnier Primary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2