Posted August 13, 2013
Ross has a great small town feeling to it, even though it is part of a large district. Teachers are very friendly and caring--- as well as very smart and competent. I have a child who receives special education services and the way the general ed and special ed teachers work together is amazing!

Posted August 12, 2013
Ross, which has won the National School of Character designation, is an excellent school. When our daughter was two years old, we bought our house which is walking distance from Ross, exactly for that reason. Our daughter is now in fourth grade at Ross and every year we have loved her teachers. Even the janitorial staff is friendly and courteous and seem to genuinely care about the children. And with class sizes of 18-20 kids and a T.A., I am confident that my daughter is receiving a high-quality education.

Posted August 12, 2013
I have a 1st and 4th grader that attend Ross. Love the culture and proud that they were one of the first MO Schools of Charactor and now a National School of charactor. Teachers are great, parent community is great!

Posted August 12, 2013
Ross is everything I could want for my kids. Big choice in choosing where we bought a home.

Posted August 12, 2013
My children have attended Ross Elementary for several years apiece and we have been very pleased with their experiences there. Their teachers have been outstanding and treat each child as an individual, with an emphasis on each child's academic AND personal growth. Communication with most of the staff has been excellent; emails are promptly answered and conferences are thorough. Parent involvement in the classrooms is encouraged and welcomed by teachers. We really couldn't have asked for a better public school.

Posted August 12, 2013
Our family is relatively new to Ross -- we have just a first grader -- but we were welcomed with open arms. Plenty of opportunities to get involved and enthusiastic teachers and staff to work with. Not to mention that it is a National School of Character - something to boast about!

Posted March 29, 2011
My children just started at Ross last month (transferred from out of state) & this school is outstanding. It deserves the title "School of Character' as character education is obviously highly important. The teachers are involved and interested. The principal is on top of every single thing going on at the school. My son hated school at the old school, now he loves going to school. I think that says it all! I have given Ross a 4/5 on the parent involvement category because I don't see a ton of parent involvement. As far as how parents are treated, though, I haven't yet met a staff member who was not kind, friendly and welcoming. My child's teacher is very informative and approachable.

Ross Elementary School 2

Posted September 27, 2010
We had a poor experience at Ross, and will now be paying for private school for the forseable future. Not a good play to send a very bright child. If your child can already read and do basic math at the begining of K go somewhere else least htey be dumbed down and told not to read etc. past the rest of the class.

Posted May 29, 2009
My child attended this school in grades 1-5. Ross provided a very safe and nurturing environment for my child's growth and development. Students are not only taught core academic subjects but also character education and social skills. I initially was concerned about the overall test scores but, after becoming more involved with the school, I realized students graduate with the required academic skills to succeed in middle school though they could step up some of the ciriculum in the later elementary years. My only regret is that foreign language was not an option. The Parkway Elementary system has been utilizing a newer math curiculum called Investigations. The jury is still out on it but the teachers also supplement with more traditional approaches. The school offers variouls clubs and activities. The teachers are very committed as is the principal and her staff. Ross offers an excellent environment for learning and growth.

Posted April 22, 2009
Ross School is an amazing place. The staff and administration are tops! They have a strong emphasis on academics and also on building character. My kids love this school.

Ross Elementary School
1150 Ross Ave, St. Louis, MO  63146
Last modified Ross Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ross Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top