Posted April 25, 2012
My child is set up to attend this school in the 2012-2013 school year, I don't know enough to form an opinion yet, but I will be happy to as soon as I have feedback to give!

Mullanphy Botanical Gardens 2

Posted October 24, 2011
I decided to send my 4 year old there for Pre-K and everything went okay; not great, but okay. The next year, my son started showing major behavioral problems at home as well as at school. I tried to speak with his teacher, but she seemed as if she did not know what to do with him. I received notes every single day stating my child was crawling down the halls and spinning in circles (I did not know at the time that over half the class was doing this). One day I took my child to school because his bus never showed, and when we entered the classroom the teacher did not know my child's name. When she found out she let out the loudest sigh I ever heard. I asked her what the problem was and she said he does not listen to her. I told her maybe he would listen if you knew his name. I think the staff at this school are falling apart. . When I transferred my child out of this school, the teacher had the class sitting in the dark for at least 45 minutes ( I was running back-n-forth from the office to classroom) while she graded papers! I will never recommend this school to anyone! My son now attends a different school and he is now doing great!

Posted March 13, 2010

Mullanphy Botanical Gardens 5

Posted September 24, 2009

Mullanphy Botanical Gardens 4

Posted November 29, 2007
Great School, Great Environment. Our school promotes character development as well as academic. Our school shows our children that learning goes beyond school and books. I am thankful that most of our teachers are teaching for the kids sake and not how NCLB wants focus on test scores. We can improve to five star by stabilizing our staff. I am greatful for our PTO, they are very active and practically beg our parents to help, we as parents will have to step up to the plate more to help the PTO make Mullanphy beyond 5 stars.

Mullanphy Botanical Gardens 5

Posted November 29, 2007
Great school, good teachers, excellent gifted math and science programs, strong PTO

Posted December 05, 2006
The teachers and curriculum at Mullanphy seem to encourage problem solving and creative thinking. We prefer this over rote memorization. The gifted math and science teachers and program are exceptional where inquiry and hands on learning take place. I believe children learn best this way. My disappointment with the school is the lack of communication between home and school and an inactive PTO. The St. Louis Public schools say they want and need more parental involvement but this school doesn't seem to promote or encourage it. The school's leadership needs to move beyond the status quo and set higher expectations of the parents which will benefit the students, as well. There are plenty of parents that want to help out.

Mullanphy Botanical Gardens
4221 Shaw Blvd, St. Louis, MO  63110
Last modified Mullanphy Botanical Gardens is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mullanphy Botanical Gardens Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top