Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My child experience here thus far has been wonderful besides her behavioral problems. I would recommend this school to others. I have the greatest communication with my daughter's teacher. I attend as many of their evening events as possible. I attempt to volunteer whenever I can to show my presence. The school is heavenly involved in the community. It provides a nurturing environment for its student to learn and grow. Very diverse and a great presence of school spirit shown throughout the school.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

I find that many of the teachers truly put in time to assist, develop, and mold their students to be scholars.

Amount of homework: Agree

My daughter is in PreK she receives homework at least 3 times a week and I find that to be the right amount even with a busy lifestyle.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Mullanphy promotes honesty, integrity, and fairness as a key fundamental on a daily basis. They teach their students to be honest and always tell the truth. Remain confident and stand up to their values. They promote equality and fairness showing that everyone is important and they should be treated with respect at all times.

My 4-year-old is enrolled in their Pre-K program. The teachers send us silly weekly progress/behavior reports that never go into detail about the specific behavior. How are we supposed to help our child improve their behavior without specifics? Then when I called up to the school to speak with the teacher she NEVER called me back. I am not an irate parent and have never belittled a teacher, but for some reason during Open House when I asked the teacher how she felt about parents "popping up" she made the most asinine remark along the lines of "just don't come curse me out"! Who talks to parents like this? My son event talks about how much he disdains his teachers because they are mean to him to "stop talking" and that he "doesn't listen". This is very disconcerting, he's only 4 years old. Preschoolers are naturally very active children who need to work on their listening skills. I am in no way claiming he's a perfect child, because we are definitely working with him on his listening skills, however there is a more proactive, gentle approach to getting a child to "behave". I am not pleased with this school at all.

My child is set up to attend this school in the 2012-2013 school year, I don't know enough to form an opinion yet, but I will be happy to as soon as I have feedback to give!

I decided to send my 4 year old there for Pre-K and everything went okay; not great, but okay. The next year, my son started showing major behavioral problems at home as well as at school. I tried to speak with his teacher, but she seemed as if she did not know what to do with him. I received notes every single day stating my child was crawling down the halls and spinning in circles (I did not know at the time that over half the class was doing this). One day I took my child to school because his bus never showed, and when we entered the classroom the teacher did not know my child's name. When she found out she let out the loudest sigh I ever heard. I asked her what the problem was and she said he does not listen to her. I told her maybe he would listen if you knew his name. I think the staff at this school are falling apart. . When I transferred my child out of this school, the teacher had the class sitting in the dark for at least 45 minutes ( I was running back-n-forth from the office to classroom) while she graded papers! I will never recommend this school to anyone! My son now attends a different school and he is now doing great!

Great School, Great Environment. Our school promotes character development as well as academic. Our school shows our children that learning goes beyond school and books. I am thankful that most of our teachers are teaching for the kids sake and not how NCLB wants focus on test scores. We can improve to five star by stabilizing our staff. I am greatful for our PTO, they are very active and practically beg our parents to help, we as parents will have to step up to the plate more to help the PTO make Mullanphy beyond 5 stars.

Great school, good teachers, excellent gifted math and science programs, strong PTO

The teachers and curriculum at Mullanphy seem to encourage problem solving and creative thinking. We prefer this over rote memorization. The gifted math and science teachers and program are exceptional where inquiry and hands on learning take place. I believe children learn best this way. My disappointment with the school is the lack of communication between home and school and an inactive PTO. The St. Louis Public schools say they want and need more parental involvement but this school doesn't seem to promote or encourage it. The school's leadership needs to move beyond the status quo and set higher expectations of the parents which will benefit the students, as well. There are plenty of parents that want to help out.

Last modified Mullanphy Botanical Gardens is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.