Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Mullanphy Botanical Gardens 4

Posted April 07, 2016
My child experience here thus far has been wonderful besides her behavioral problems. I would recommend this school to others. I have the greatest communication with my daughter's teacher. I attend as many of their evening events as possible. I attempt to volunteer whenever I can to show my presence. The school is heavenly involved in the community. It provides a nurturing environment for its student to learn and grow. Very diverse and a great presence of school spirit shown throughout the school.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted April 07, 2016
I find that many of the PreK and Kindergarten teachers and assistants are truly phenomenal at what they do. Many of them work as a team to assist each and every student to develop the skills they need to better equip them in school and prepare them for the next grade.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted April 07, 2016
I find that many of the teachers truly put in time to assist, develop, and mold their students to be scholars.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted April 07, 2016
My daughter is in PreK she receives homework at least 3 times a week and I find that to be the right amount even with a busy lifestyle.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted April 07, 2016
I find that my daughter teacher pushes her to her full potential despite the difficulties.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted April 07, 2016
From my experience the school tries to be consistent with developing respect among students and faculty.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted April 07, 2016
When attending their events you can tell that the staff truly care and empathize with their students on many levels.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted April 07, 2016
Mullanphy promotes honesty, integrity, and fairness as a key fundamental on a daily basis. They teach their students to be honest and always tell the truth. Remain confident and stand up to their values. They promote equality and fairness showing that everyone is important and they should be treated with respect at all times.

Mullanphy Botanical Gardens 1

Posted September 25, 2015
My 4-year-old is enrolled in their Pre-K program. The teachers send us silly weekly progress/behavior reports that never go into detail about the specific behavior. How are we supposed to help our child improve their behavior without specifics? Then when I called up to the school to speak with the teacher she NEVER called me back. I am not an irate parent and have never belittled a teacher, but for some reason during Open House when I asked the teacher how she felt about parents "popping up" she made the most asinine remark along the lines of "just don't come curse me out"! Who talks to parents like this? My son event talks about how much he disdains his teachers because they are mean to him to "stop talking" and that he "doesn't listen". This is very disconcerting, he's only 4 years old. Preschoolers are naturally very active children who need to work on their listening skills. I am in no way claiming he's a perfect child, because we are definitely working with him on his listening skills, however there is a more proactive, gentle approach to getting a child to "behave". I am not pleased with this school at all.

Mullanphy Botanical Gardens 3

Posted April 25, 2012
My child is set up to attend this school in the 2012-2013 school year, I don't know enough to form an opinion yet, but I will be happy to as soon as I have feedback to give!

4221 Shaw Blvd, St Louis, MO  63110
Last modified Mullanphy Botanical Gardens is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.