Gateway Middle School 2

Posted May 28, 2014
I would not recommend gateway middle school they do not send out papers letting you know School will be out on these days they don't send out papers letting us know what's going on at times the only way you know what's going on is when your child tells you. I think the teachers need to be able to communicate with parents about their child and not only when fighting or what not you will never see graded workuntil about 2 or 3 weeks after the fact Just not planned out enough for me

Posted August 06, 2013
I am a proud parent of a child who attends Gateway middle school . I can't believe how much this school has been turned around the past couple of years, the youthful and intelligent new principal fits right in to the successful learning environment. She is caring, at the same time direct and to the point. I believe that Gateway middle school has a bright future. From the improving test scores to the championship basketball team where the principal is always cheering on Gateway is on the move.

Gateway Middle School 0

Posted April 27, 2010
this school made the news because it was rated one of the15 WORST schools in the nation. It needs to have a major overhaul done or close its doors. Children are not learning at this school !!

Posted February 26, 2009

Posted May 01, 2008

Posted April 18, 2008

Posted March 12, 2007
This school has sunk lower and lower every year. The kids are not behaving well and I wonder why. As a concerned parent I pulled my child out of this school not just because of bad negative behavior of surrounding children, but also because of teachers, who are the ones who set the bad examples. My daughter even though she gets good grades on her report card, seems to only be getting them because of her good behavior and not at all concerning of her education. The extra curricular activities are horrible because there are none. There are no sports teams, any clubs or groups, and barely any after school, which only deal with upcoming MAP scores. My child keeps reporting to me about weekly fights between the student body and also much class disruption, which to me is very harmful. A horrible school i must say. Very dissapointing.

Posted September 20, 2006
This is my daughters first year in the magnet school and I am extremely pleased on every level with the school and its staff members. The entire staff seems to sincerely want the students to enjoy learning. Tha is a gift that they can carry for a lifetime.

Gateway Middle School
1200 North Jefferson Ave, St. Louis, MO  63106
Last modified Gateway Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gateway Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top