St. Louis, MO
Before care: Yes

Posted May 30, 2014
Our son is just finishing up pre-K at Mallinckrodt and we are amazed at what he has learned this year. His progress in writing, spelling, reading, and Spanish has been really impressive and fun to watch. The teachers and parents are wonderful and we have really enjoyed becoming a part of the school community. Most important in my opinion is that our son loves school and he loves his friends a Mallinckrodt. We feel very lucky to have found this outstanding school and are looking forward to Kindergarten next year!

Mallinckrodt A.G.I. Elementary School 4

Posted April 14, 2014
My son has attended Mallinckrodt AGI for 4 years and I couldn't be more impressed with his educational and social progress. He is engaged with learning and continues to amaze me everyday. As a 2nd grader he is addicted to historical facts and was disappointed that they were not focusing on the issues that shaped the begining of our country ( the ciriculum is more community and neighborhood based). His teacher created a unit to start discussing the Revolutionary War and allowed my son to participate in the lesson plan as he is an expert! Hands on learning approach has allowed him to use creativity to express topics learned along with numerous enrichment opportunities through school and after school activities. With an active Parent Organization there are numerous family activities that build a Family culture with picnics, movie nights, career nights, trunk or treat, community garden, family dinners, scouts, sports teams and numerous other school activities. My daughter will begin this fall in preschool and I couldn't be more sure that we made the best decision choosing this SLPS.

Posted April 14, 2014
This transformational school is really coming along. The parents are very involved and the teachers are great. The number and variety of after-school opportunites is growing every year!

Posted April 14, 2014
Mallinckrodt Academy has been my son's school for 4 years now, he started in pre-school, and it is definitely not deserving of a 3/10 rating. This school has been providing a consistent gifted learning environment for my son, it has a very involved PTO and community of volunteer parents and it has grown to have various extra-curricular after-school programs and a garden for hands-on learning. I highly recommend this school and it ranks more on a 8/10 level.

Posted April 14, 2014
My daughter is finishing up her Preschool year at Mallinckrodt. My husband and I were contemplating moving to the county due to the state of the public schools in the City, however, that all changed when she was accepted into Mallinckrodt. We could not be more pleased with this school. Our 5 year old can already read, is writing full stories, adding/subtracting, counting money and doing many other things that are not generally get taught until at least 1st grade. She has an outstanding teacher who is in regular contact with parents. It is rare that I have to wait longer than a few hours to get a response to a question. The parental involvement at this school is off the charts. It's amazing to see so many parents available to donate money, items and most importantly their time to anything that the school needs, even if it's just a day of cleaning and repairing things around the school. I'm so glad my child is a Mallinckrodt Dragon!

Posted April 14, 2014
We were also considering moving to the county for our daughter's schooling until we found Mallinckrodt AGI. It's an entire school just for gifted children, which is a rare and wonderful find. The students are challenged and nurtured, and art, music, gym, Spanish, and occasionally, drama classes are part of the curriculum. The kids go on regular field trips too. Our kindergartener is reading four grade levels ahead thanks to her amazing pre-K and K teachers. The parents are so supportive and giving, and the PTO is active. We are very pleased to be a part of this school community.

Posted January 15, 2013
I am very pleased with the St. Louis Public School Gifted Program! Our Mallinckrodt Gifted Program Pre-K student appears to be performing at a 1st grade level. He reads me Dr. Seuss books.

Posted December 04, 2011
My daughter is in the gifted/accelerated Kindergarten at Mallinckrodt. It is her first year and she is absolutely thriving. Her teacher, Mrs. Y, is a talented, compassionate person who challenges the children and they respond enthusiastically. I have been impressed by how much all of the students in her class have flourished. What has surprised me the most about the school is how much it has to offer. Being part of SLPS, I expected a good, but bare bones program. I was wrong - the kids go on fun, educational field trips, participate in clubs on Friday afternoons, and have frequent visits from the zoo, Fed Bird, storytellers, Springboard performers and other community members. The school also has a new playground and a huge green space. Oh, and they are all learning Chinese! It was tough making the decision to enroll our daughter in a new program, but the incredibly involved parents, dedicated teachers and amazing principal won us over. Everybody is working together to ensure the school s success - and helping to determine the direction of a new program has been a uniquely rewarding experience for everybody. Visit Mallinckrodt Academy - you too will be impressed.

Posted October 28, 2011
My son is a kindergartener at Mallinckrodt. While extremely bright, he had no desire to learn to read or write until Mrs. Y came along. In a few short months, he has gone from minimal reading skills to reading books to me and explaining the rules of phonics. He can read books to himself and write stories and letters. He loves going to school and never wants to miss a day. He has a lot of energy and I was worried that he would become bored in school and get into trouble, but he is constantly being challenged and loves it. The teachers, staff and parents are very involved. This school is a hidden gem in St. Louis city.

Posted October 27, 2011
My son is in Pre-K and we love the school so far. Ms. Neupert is an excellent teacher and the reason my son looks forward to attending school every day. The school still seems to be in the growing period with the new gifted program, but we only see it getting better and better. The parental involvement is growing as well. So far we are very happy and can thank Mallinckrodt for keeping us as St. Louis City residents.

Mallinckrodt A.G.I. Elementary School
6020 Pernod Ave, St. Louis, MO  63139
Last modified Mallinckrodt A.G.I. Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mallinckrodt A.G.I. Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top