Bad
Good

Metro High School 4

Posted July 17, 2014
A peculiar thing, and disappointing, at this school is the teaching staff. My kids went through Kennard but skipped Mckinley. At Kennard, I could highly recommend almost every teacher there. They seem to love teaching and love the students. They were constantly coming up with innovative ideas and projects while holding onto the basic principles of education young children. That's not the case at Metro. There are some good and some not so good teachers, just like any other school. A couple of the teachers really should not be teaching in my opinion....one admitted to not liking 'people'! I would have expected much more discernment in choosing teachers at the 'best high school in Missouri'. This is my biggest disappointment at Metro. It seems Metro is successful due to its student body. They have a somewhat rigorous admissions guideline initially, and they enforce the integrity of student body by 'weeding' out students by junior year. The number of students who do not continue at Metro either voluntarily or involuntarily is astounding. This is something that is troubling. It shows that there's a flaw either in the admissions process or the instruction/curriculum thereafter.

Posted April 17, 2014
Metro is a great school because they assemble some of the best kids from the region and over time it has developed a wonderful culture of hard work and success. The student body is both racially and socioeconomically diverse; and they do not self segregate. There are a number of great and dedicated teachers but there are a few that would not last if they had to earn it like the kids do. For hard working kids, this is a great school. Note: when applying give your USCF (chess) rating.

Posted February 11, 2013
An academics based school for self-motivated students with teachers who know how to challenge them. Administration is caring and accessible. No wonder this is the #1 high school in the state!

Posted May 16, 2011
Good staff, challenging. Students with chance to achieve highest! Top 100 !! Hope it will stay that way.

Posted May 10, 2011
G R E A T S C H O O L . . . for kids who need more then school !!!

Posted September 29, 2009
I am a mom of three gifted and talented children. About 12 years ago I found myself single again and unable to afford private education. About nine years ago, I had saved enough to move into St. Louis City so that my children could attended the Academic and Classiscal schools: Kennard, McKinley and Metro. It was the absolute best investment I have made to date. It has proven to be Recession-proof and has already paid for itself in terms of scholarship dollars. Of course, my children have the most to do with that for taking advantage of these great educational opportunities. The faculty and staff at Metro have worked hard at creating an atmosphere of learning and providing college-credit 1-8-1-8 courses, AP and IB courses. They have also partnered with local universities, colleges and different organizations to expose the students to a broad spectrum of experiences. Thanks Metro!

Metro High School 4

Posted September 06, 2009
good school with great students but a horrible principal. He is just the worst.

Posted February 05, 2009
I am currently a senior at Metro High School, and I am simultaneously saddened and overjoyed by the realization that I will soon be leaving: I will miss Metro for its acceptance, tolerance, the top notch education yet the vibrant social atmosphere, but I am so glad about going to college: I hear it's much easier than going to Metro!

Posted January 15, 2009
Metro is awesome! I attended all 4 years of high school and it was challenging, but it prepared me for what was ahead of me...college. Because of Metro and all that it stands for, I am well prepared to tackle and accomplish my goals.

Posted September 26, 2006
Like most students at Metro,I complained about being there nearly all 4 years that I attended. But it was after I graduated that I realized what a valuable education and high school experience I received there. Looking back, yes there was an extensive amount of work to be done and the stress level was high, the students always found (or shall I say my friends and I always found) creative ways to de-stress. The small student body made it just like family. It is very rare that you hear of a public school that 100% graduation rate and 100% to college rate, but Metro is that school. I'm proud that I graduate from there (Class of 2003!) and if I had to do it all over again, I would. They say high school is supposed to be 4 of the greatest years of your life...and I can actually agree to that.

4015 Mcpherson Ave, St Louis, MO  63108
Last modified Metro High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.