Bad
Good

I was a teacher at Sherman last year and I have to say it was a great year. I miss being there. I was very sad to see it close. I had heard several horror stories about things that had been going on, but coming in with a new principal, I didn't see any of that. No school is perfect, but I think if given more time, this could've been a top rated school!

good leadership. a neighborhood school with good community support

Sherman Elementary is filled with great staff and students. The School was built in 1898, needless to say, the building is in desperate need of repair.

it's a happy place witih lots of racial integration and children who really need TLC and learning to break out of poverty.

My son attended this school as a kindergartener and he simply loved his teacher. She was very old school and cared very much about the students and their academics. She was very no-nonsense and therefor her class was always in order. What I didn't like is that my son knew quite a bit already and I didn't see him challenged like I wanted him to be. I continued to work with him at home so that he would stay ahead of the game and comprehend what was being taught. I'm not sure if he'll be returning so, I'd at least reccomend the grade K teacher.

Last modified Sherman Elementary Community Ed. Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-6