Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I agree with the previous poster. This school does not have a steady leadership in place. . Last school year, the year was started with one principal that was eventually replaced with a different one around the middle of the school year. There are too many changes in principals here, and maybe some teachers too. Plus, the teachers are so overwhelmed with paperwork and bad kids in the room, they have no time for personalized anything with your child. They are too busy putting out fires, and trying to calm the storm. Ive seen some very disrespectful kids, talking back to the teachers and displaying thuglike behavior and bullying other children, and there is nothing done. Kids are roaming and running the halls. My child has said that some of them slam doors, throw things, and then walk out of class. IN AN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL. This is a shame. The teachers hands are tied. Some bright spots however, are the preschool classes, and the kindergarden classes. If you send your child here, I probably would not send them past kindergarden ( or even preschool since it is free). If you can afford it, I would definitely move and put them in a better school after they attend free preschool and maybe the kindergarden The teachers are doing the best that they can, but they simply cannot keep up with all of the paperwork they have to do and the large numbers of bad problem kids with no hometraining that they have to deal with in their class every day. Mines will be leaving this school when I move in a couple of months, and we can't wait.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Only because of the bad kids I am rating this low. They are doing what they can.

They have gone through so many principals in the past year that I don't even know who my kids' principal is. If you have a child with special needs do not I repeat DO NOT send your child to school here. There is a lot of bullying that happens at this school and the teachers do not address it for fear of being called a racist.

I cannot say anything negative about this school. Moving from Webster Groves, I had many doubts and concerns. We prefer this school over Webster any day of the week! They have extra curricular activities for the kids, they go on field trips, the teachers are ENGAGED and many have been there for 10+ years. We could not be any bit happier with our local pubic school. The parents are all really nice, and the children are polite. They are taught to be respectful of others, manners, on top of all their school work. They have daily homework assignments and the teachers are great at staying on top of their assignments. The principal is AMAZING. She will never give up on a kid, ever. She's absolutely wonderful. We are relocating due to a job change soon, and I will miss this school SO much.

I am thinking of selling my home and moving because of this school! I have with my own eyes seen TWO fights outside on the playground before school!! I went to the principal and she told me to make an appointment with her if I had any concerns. I was shocked to hear that from a school official!! I thought fights were taken more serious than that. I need reassurance that FIGHTS on school property do not happen everyday but, all I got was "make an appointment"!! I will be weighing my options on what to do!! Bad Bad school!!!

My daughter has been attending the pre-school at Woodward. She is challenged and enjoys the variety of programs the teacher, Ms. Blanke and teacher assistant, Ms. Dukes provide. My daughter is progressing nicely and is very excited about learning. She is also learning the lessons of playing with others, a nice benefit as our daughter is an only child. It is obvious these educators care about their students. You should have no concerns about sending your child to pre-school here.

My daughter attends preschool in woodward. I dont really have anypreblems with it. The teachers are very nice to her ,and she loves them by the way. They teach her what she needs to know before she goes to kg. They notify me if she is having problems or not listening.I would recommened this school to anyone in the St.Louis area.

Last modified Woodward Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.