Posted February 26, 2013
I cannot say anything negative about this school. Moving from Webster Groves, I had many doubts and concerns. We prefer this school over Webster any day of the week! They have extra curricular activities for the kids, they go on field trips, the teachers are ENGAGED and many have been there for 10+ years. We could not be any bit happier with our local pubic school. The parents are all really nice, and the children are polite. They are taught to be respectful of others, manners, on top of all their school work. They have daily homework assignments and the teachers are great at staying on top of their assignments. The principal is AMAZING. She will never give up on a kid, ever. She's absolutely wonderful. We are relocating due to a job change soon, and I will miss this school SO much.

Woodward Elementary School 1

Posted October 11, 2010
I am thinking of selling my home and moving because of this school! I have with my own eyes seen TWO fights outside on the playground before school!! I went to the principal and she told me to make an appointment with her if I had any concerns. I was shocked to hear that from a school official!! I thought fights were taken more serious than that. I need reassurance that FIGHTS on school property do not happen everyday but, all I got was "make an appointment"!! I will be weighing my options on what to do!! Bad Bad school!!!

Woodward Elementary School 0

Posted November 03, 2009
My daughter has been attending the pre-school at Woodward. She is challenged and enjoys the variety of programs the teacher, Ms. Blanke and teacher assistant, Ms. Dukes provide. My daughter is progressing nicely and is very excited about learning. She is also learning the lessons of playing with others, a nice benefit as our daughter is an only child. It is obvious these educators care about their students. You should have no concerns about sending your child to pre-school here.

Posted October 29, 2008
My daughter attends preschool in woodward. I dont really have anypreblems with it. The teachers are very nice to her ,and she loves them by the way. They teach her what she needs to know before she goes to kg. They notify me if she is having problems or not listening.I would recommened this school to anyone in the St.Louis area.

Posted October 14, 2008

Woodward Elementary School 3

Posted September 08, 2004
We have had two children attend Woodward in the past six years. Our oldest child completed the Success for All reading program they have and excelled beyond what we and the teachers expected. The math program they have is terrible. My youngest child could not understand the math at all. They did not stick with one teaching method. There were times I could not understand the math homework myself. Last year, ('03 - '04 )Woodward changed principals. I cannot say enough about the new principal. I have personally talked with him for an hour or more about my concerns and past experiences with the last principal. We also talked about his concerns and views as the new principal. His first priority is the children. He looks out for them everyday. He is very involved with the students. It was nice to see a caring principal for a change.

Woodward Elementary School 2

Posted April 04, 2004
- a former student
My children used to attend Woodward School. When they were there the School started a reading program called Success For All, it is agreat reading program. My son left kg. reading second grade level. However, the Math program I didnt like. The classrooms were over crowded, the principal never had time for parents or students,the students did get awards at the end of the year on the acheivements. The PTO did almost everything for the school, from fund raising to graduation parties. The preschool is amazing. The preschool teachers go out of their way to make sure their students learn and know what is needed for kg. I would not send my kids back to Woodward, except for preschool only.

Woodward Elementary School
725 Bellerive Blvd, St. Louis, MO  63111
Last modified Woodward Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodward Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top