Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)

Woodward Elementary School 2

Posted January 31, 2016
I agree with the previous poster. This school does not have a steady leadership in place. . Last school year, the year was started with one principal that was eventually replaced with a different one around the middle of the school year. There are too many changes in principals here, and maybe some teachers too. Plus, the teachers are so overwhelmed with paperwork and bad kids in the room, they have no time for personalized anything with your child. They are too busy putting out fires, and trying to calm the storm. Ive seen some very disrespectful kids, talking back to the teachers and displaying thuglike behavior and bullying other children, and there is nothing done. Kids are roaming and running the halls. My child has said that some of them slam doors, throw things, and then walk out of class. IN AN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL. This is a shame. The teachers hands are tied. Some bright spots however, are the preschool classes, and the kindergarden classes. If you send your child here, I probably would not send them past kindergarden ( or even preschool since it is free). If you can afford it, I would definitely move and put them in a better school after they attend free preschool and maybe the kindergarden The teachers are doing the best that they can, but they simply cannot keep up with all of the paperwork they have to do and the large numbers of bad problem kids with no hometraining that they have to deal with in their class every day. Mines will be leaving this school when I move in a couple of months, and we can't wait.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted January 31, 2016
Only because of the bad kids I am rating this low. They are doing what they can.

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted January 31, 2016
It trys but they cant control the bad kids coming in, it is not their fault

Woodward Elementary School 1

Posted January 13, 2015
They have gone through so many principals in the past year that I don't even know who my kids' principal is. If you have a child with special needs do not I repeat DO NOT send your child to school here. There is a lot of bullying that happens at this school and the teachers do not address it for fear of being called a racist.

Woodward Elementary School 5

Posted February 26, 2013
I cannot say anything negative about this school. Moving from Webster Groves, I had many doubts and concerns. We prefer this school over Webster any day of the week! They have extra curricular activities for the kids, they go on field trips, the teachers are ENGAGED and many have been there for 10+ years. We could not be any bit happier with our local pubic school. The parents are all really nice, and the children are polite. They are taught to be respectful of others, manners, on top of all their school work. They have daily homework assignments and the teachers are great at staying on top of their assignments. The principal is AMAZING. She will never give up on a kid, ever. She's absolutely wonderful. We are relocating due to a job change soon, and I will miss this school SO much.

Woodward Elementary School 1

Posted October 11, 2010
I am thinking of selling my home and moving because of this school! I have with my own eyes seen TWO fights outside on the playground before school!! I went to the principal and she told me to make an appointment with her if I had any concerns. I was shocked to hear that from a school official!! I thought fights were taken more serious than that. I need reassurance that FIGHTS on school property do not happen everyday but, all I got was "make an appointment"!! I will be weighing my options on what to do!! Bad Bad school!!!

Posted November 03, 2009
My daughter has been attending the pre-school at Woodward. She is challenged and enjoys the variety of programs the teacher, Ms. Blanke and teacher assistant, Ms. Dukes provide. My daughter is progressing nicely and is very excited about learning. She is also learning the lessons of playing with others, a nice benefit as our daughter is an only child. It is obvious these educators care about their students. You should have no concerns about sending your child to pre-school here.

Woodward Elementary School 5

Posted October 29, 2008
My daughter attends preschool in woodward. I dont really have anypreblems with it. The teachers are very nice to her ,and she loves them by the way. They teach her what she needs to know before she goes to kg. They notify me if she is having problems or not listening.I would recommened this school to anyone in the St.Louis area.

Woodward Elementary School 3

Posted September 08, 2004
We have had two children attend Woodward in the past six years. Our oldest child completed the Success for All reading program they have and excelled beyond what we and the teachers expected. The math program they have is terrible. My youngest child could not understand the math at all. They did not stick with one teaching method. There were times I could not understand the math homework myself. Last year, ('03 - '04 )Woodward changed principals. I cannot say enough about the new principal. I have personally talked with him for an hour or more about my concerns and past experiences with the last principal. We also talked about his concerns and views as the new principal. His first priority is the children. He looks out for them everyday. He is very involved with the students. It was nice to see a caring principal for a change.

Woodward Elementary School 2

Posted April 04, 2004
My children used to attend Woodward School. When they were there the School started a reading program called Success For All, it is agreat reading program. My son left kg. reading second grade level. However, the Math program I didnt like. The classrooms were over crowded, the principal never had time for parents or students,the students did get awards at the end of the year on the acheivements. The PTO did almost everything for the school, from fund raising to graduation parties. The preschool is amazing. The preschool teachers go out of their way to make sure their students learn and know what is needed for kg. I would not send my kids back to Woodward, except for preschool only.

725 Bellerive Blvd, St Louis, MO  63111
Last modified Woodward Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.