Posted October 10, 2014
Today, the boys forgot their jackets when they got on the bus. I took them to the school and waited until they got off the bus and gave them their jackets. The principal and two teachers were waiting at the door to funnel the older kids to the lunch room. The principal and the two teachers, saw my 4 year olds inside, then left them alone in the hallway. They were not the only preschoolers who were alone in the hallway. The other preschools started walking to their classrooms looking for their teachers to tell them what to do. I found their teacher and asked her if this is normal. She told me no, the teachers are supposed to take the little ones to their rooms so they don't get lost amongst the big kids.

Posted March 06, 2014
My children where going to this school up until this year. The new principal is horrible. She has no respect for the parents or students. She has low standards for the students and she is never there when you need to talk to her. During assemblies you can never tell her presents because she never makes herself known for a long I time I didn't even know who she was. Children are constantly always being bullied. She doesn't respect the staff or students because she's always yelling. My daughter told me she yelled at her teacher right in front of all the students. I thought how distrespectful this school has went from bad to worst. The old principal was not the greatest but at least she seemed to have some type order. This new principal changes schedules and school hours without informing us and as a parent I want be imformed at all times. Help me to understand. How this can go on for another year?

Hodgen Elementary School 3

Posted January 31, 2014
I went to this school PK-6 2012. It was okay. I got 1/2 of an education. You have the children that like to mess with you A LOT and the teachers don't do anything at times. But, I learned you have to ignore those kind of people. This year I can admit that this school has changed a lot.

Posted January 21, 2014
Since the change to a new principal last year, the school has taken a turn for the worse. The office staff no longer seems friendly and warm and I have come up to the office many times to speak to the principal and she always is too busy to talk to me. I have sent all my kids to Hodgen and next year they will be attending a new school because of how the school has changed.

Posted December 13, 2009
Hodgen's is a warm place to learn. It gives hope for the Saint Louis Community and our 7 year old. We have experienced the 12k private school education and Hodgens. Our daughter is now receiving one on one attention from college students for math and science, free. She never received it from her elite private school that she was attending. Everyone is serious about learning and respecting. I live this school. There are public issues that arise that the youth have but seem to be dealt with and resolved quite well. Best public school. Compared to University CIty Public School and Clayton area Private school....Hodgens rocks!!!!!! thanks for bringing learning to life for my daughter. Thanks to all the staff who go extra hard in helping out in every way......

Hodgen Elementary School 0

Posted December 13, 2009
My 2nd grader is coming from a 12k a year Clayton area private school. We love it! Her teacher Mrs. Tharp gets her so excited to learn and try hard. The art teacher tutors my daughter for reading until the HEARTS (reading & math assistance program) starts. The principal, MS. Morgan,Mrs. Benton and Ms. Peebles are so warm hearted and concerned about all of the youth. Even the lunch lady is darling. Its a real family. They calm the student is the beginning and end of the day with nice jazz music while giving morning and after noon announcements. After school care is amazing and lasts until 7pm. After school care actually feeds the little people dinner...WOOOW....Schools starts at a laxed 9:00am and we love this too. Many parents are very involved and walk their children into the school. I would recommend this great school.......

Hodgen Elementary School 0

Posted May 02, 2009
I am a parent at Hodgens Elementary School and I would recommend this school to everyone I know that have a child attending the St.Louis,Mo. public school district! I give this school a 10!

Posted April 09, 2009

Posted November 17, 2007

Posted September 10, 2007
Excellent school, wonderful teachers and staff. This city school is the best.

Hodgen Elementary School
1616 California, St. Louis, MO  63104
Last modified Hodgen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hodgen Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top