Bad
Good

I regret enrolling my child in this school. Too many of the teachers and staff are rude as can be and have no business working with children. We are looking for a new school. It is shame that it is so difficult in the SLPS system to switch schools midway through the year after you realize your child is in a miserable environment. Run, don't walk away from this place.

Shaw is a visual performing arts elementary school (K-5) in the St. Louis Public Schools district. The district has many areas that need improvement.

Teachers are Great! Love the the different experiences available with electives. Seems like the only acedemics they consider to be important are Math and English, the others seem to get pushed aside to add time for arts. Also, dont like that the kids are not really allowed to talk at lunch and if they do they miss recess. Parking is terrible and the pick-up/ drop-off is very frustrating because of all the traffic.

My God daughter is new to Shaw this year as a Kindegartener. I have to say during the first week I was a little apprehensive if I had made the right choice in education for her. Now a little over a month later, I feel Shaw is freat for her, and will grow her knowledge as well as her interest in Visual and Performing.

I have attended Shaw for five years with excellent teachers and also fun and enjoyable Visual Preforming Arts.

We are new to Shaw and so far have been very impressed with the new Principal, and with the school in general. It is well-run, and the kids and faculty seem to be happy, hard-working, and creative. We are looking forward to great year!

The Ist grade teachers and the Principal have done a wonderful job working with us and our granddaughter to dimprove her performance in school. We couldn't ask for more from them.

The teachers are great, The principal however is another story. Overall I love the school & teachers they just need to get rid of Mrs. Leto.

I am very impressed by Shaw. The staff has all been extremely helpful in answering my questions and showing me around the school. I have gone into several classrooms and I can see from the layout of the rooms and the children's work on the walls that this is a school where learning is taking place and teachers are exercising their creativity with students to make learning fun.

Shaw is a great elementary school and I would recommend it to anyone looking for an ethnically balanced educational facility for their child to attend.

Last modified Shaw Visual/Perf. Arts Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.