Dewey School-Internat'l. Studies 3

Posted March 07, 2013
We loved this school most of the time my daughter was here, but do know that the principal changed around 2009 and the new one is not the same one that got all the great comments in the earlier reviews. The prior principal was very nurturing and the new one is very rigid and strict. Just so you know going in. We didn't send my younger daughter there and the principal change was a main reason, but if you didn't know about the difference in environment between the two it might not bother you.

Posted May 19, 2012
Dewey is an awesome school. i went here the last 5 years (since kg), and i will miss it. class of 2011!! it was odd though...things like littering, and youd get detention or something, but fights and scuffles and food fights nobody noticed anything. like they put the blinders on. still a good school though.

Dewey School-Internat'l. Studies 4

Posted April 27, 2010
Dewey is a great school. The teachers are top notch. The enrichment classes (languages, art, gym, gifted) are excellent.

Posted August 04, 2008
My experience at Dewey was good. The Principal is very in tune to each student and is always available to address concerns. Dewey has a gifted program that is outstanding. Very one on one.

Posted May 28, 2007
This is a wonderful school. The teachers are great and really love to work with their students. The students and teachers also work very hard to make each holiday performance something to remember!

Posted April 05, 2007
I have 4 children attending Dewey ISS. We are thrilled with the education our children are getting. The school is full of dedicated teachers and staff...under the leadership of an amazing principal. There are many negative stereotypes surrounding the public schools...but they are full of families with dedicated parents that have many educational options available to them...and they choose the public schools. Great things are happening at Dewey!

Posted February 18, 2006
My daughter has attended Dewey since she was in the preschool program. My experience has always been a positive one as there a a real sense of community and friendship amongst the staff and parents. There are few public schools that offer such a full spectrum foreign language program. There is a real effort put forth by the staff to bring to its students an understanding of other cultures and languages. As I see it, a child's learning is a two-way street involving the efforts of both the parent and the teachers. The parent should expect as much of themselves (or more as parents) for their child's learning as they do the teaching staff. If both sides are upheld there should never be a problem. I feel many of the teachers have exceeded their expectations at Dewey by way of investing their own tangible and intangible resources.

Dewey School-Internat'l. Studies 3

Posted December 19, 2005
My son has attended Dewey since first grade and is now in the third grade. He is doing well in math and science, but is behind in reading and language skills. The prinicipal is very friendly and seems to sincerly care about the children's progress. Alot of the teachers there appear unfriendly, unorganized and lack good communication skills. Some of the teachers are of a high caliber and seem to care about the success of students regardless of their perceived limitations. I don't know if this review will help any parents considering the school, but my only advice is if you send your child here, make sure to monitor their progress and if you're unhappy with results or the teacher your child is stuck with communicate it to the principle. Remember, parents must also do their part and not rely solely on the school for your childs success. Good luck....

Dewey School-Internat'l. Studies 0

Posted September 23, 2005
My daughter briefly attended Dewey and to say I was disappointed is putting it mildly. The magnet system is being billed as the 'jewel' of the public school system and in my experience, I found it sadly lacking. Classes sizes where large, the building uncomfortably hot in the summer, and the curriculum a grade level behind. My child was removed from the school before she fell so far behind she wouldn't be able to catch up. Had she been in the school from the beginning it would have been satisfactory. As it stands, I had a higher standard of education to compare it to.

Dewey School-Internat'l. Studies 4

Posted February 02, 2005
My son goes to Dewey and it is a very great school and I think it has been a good experience for him eduationally. The russian language has truly shown him that there are other languages you can learn besides your own culture.The times that I have been to his school were very good because I got to see how the teachers teach and how the students are willing to learn. Overall this is a great place to send your child everyday knowing they can learn and if they need resource it will be provided and my child is benefits from the programs.

Dewey School-Internat'l. Studies
815 Ann Ave, St. Louis, MO  63104
Last modified Dewey School-Internat'l. Studies is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dewey School-Internat'l. Studies Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top