St. Louis, MO

Kennard/Classical Jr. Academy 3

Posted September 26, 2013
I've been a Kennard parent for five years. This school is wildly overrated. Most of the teachers are excellent but the overall organization of school activities is lackluster. For being an advanced curriculum school, far more money and effort is spent on remedial students than on advanced ones. The PTO is quite active but there's a heavily engrained notion that 'inclusion' translates to catering to struggling students at all costs. While it sounds noble, the net result is that the needs of more advanced students take a back seat to everything else. I've come to expect this attitude in traditional schools but Kennard was supposed to be different. All in all, it's not a bad school, just not a great one.

Posted August 21, 2013
Our children first attended Mallinckrodt and now attend Kennard. If you are choosing between the two, it is worth it to put them both down on your list for the lottery but, hands down, Kennard should be the first choice. There is no question that it is the better school. From the nicer facility itself to the wonderful teachers and staff to the well established robust PTO that welcomes you in and shows you the ropes... Kennard is better. The music teacher alone is reason enough to send your child here. I observed her class once and it was like watching magic. She absolutely captivates and inspires her students. Every teacher we have had has been great but she is once in a lifetime kind of special!

Posted April 08, 2013
I LOVE Kennard CJA! Great principal, staff, parents and curriculum. I love all Kennard has to offer!

Posted December 11, 2010
I am a proud parent of a fifth grade student at Kennard CJA. My daughter has been attending since 1st grade and I love it. The students are challenged and expectations are set high. There are plenty of extracurricular activities for students to participate in and parent involvement is pretty high. This is my daughter's last year and it's been a challenge to find another school that meets the standards we've become accustomed to. I love this school so much that I think I'll be crying at graduation not only because my daughter is growing up, but because it's time to leave KCJA!!

Posted October 02, 2009

Posted April 01, 2009

Posted September 09, 2008
Highlights of Kennard: Effective and ability-appropriate academic instruction, very involved parents, strong school community, after school music lessons, Friday clubs (including school newspaper), and Spanish class (with an awesome teacher). The school is currently working toward a stronger technology component in the curriculum.

Kennard/Classical Jr. Academy 0

Posted January 25, 2008
I have three children that attend this school and they enjoy learning everyday. I love the clubs that they have on Friday afternoons and the extra curricular music lessons for a resonable fee. The teachers and parents are extremely committed to the school and the PTO has a very acctive membership.

Posted February 21, 2007
My child has been going to Kennard for 2 years now, I Love it so far, diverse crowd, great PTO, good academics and extra curricular activities.

Kennard/Classical Jr. Academy 4

Posted September 15, 2005
I am a parent of a student that has been a Kennerd for 3 years and i must say I LOVE THIS SCHOOL. I am pleased with the school and they offer alot to the students. They push the children to do there best.

Kennard/Classical Jr. Academy
5031 Potomac, St. Louis, MO  63139
Last modified Kennard/Classical Jr. Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kennard/Classical Jr. Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top