Bad
Good

This is a great school. My daughter is finishing her last year here and moving on to 3rd grade. The principal is wonderful and really wants the school to be the best. The PTO is very active and productive. They have a lot of fun educational activities throughout the school year that students really enjoy including a lots of festivals. They also have a brand new outdoor garden. The only problem is the school only goes to 2nd grade. Then you have to find a new school to finish elementary.

I grew up going to this school. It was the best experience, the teachers made sure you were on task. Helped you develop more knowledge. Made friends got to know every one. Helped me open up and get comfortable around people. I recommend you enrolling your child here.

My child has been at this school since kindergarten and will be graduating 2nd grade this year and even though we have had problems with bullies I do have to say Wilkinson is a very good school. The teachers are very involved, they love when the parents enteract in the classroom and are involved. I get constant emails from my childs teacher letting me know his progress and helping me figure out what she and I can do together to help him. They will not give up on ur child and starting this year they are bringing in tutoring programs which I'm very excited about that. One of my favorite programs is toy swap night. Each child brings in a min of 2 toys all the toys get put on tables then they get to pick 1 toy off a table the kids get to play with the toys and eachother, they love it. But the best part is what ever toys are left and theirs always alot, they go to children less fortunate. Thats just one of the many,many great things that the school and PTO have to offer so yes I would recemmend this school.

I have one son "graduating" from Wilkinson this year, and another entering this fall. I can not say enough good things about this school! Our principal, Julie Wuch is outstanding. The teachers are nuturing, dedicated, experienced professional educators. The parent community is very active and engaged. I am so proud of all the good things happening at this public magnet school. It is the best choice in the city for my kids.

My son is in 1st grade this year at Wilkinson, and this is his third year at this great little SLPS magnet school. We are very happy with the quality of the education he is receiving and Ms. Wuch, the new principal, is wonderful and proactive with dealing with issues that arise. My son really loves the "hands on, minds on" interaction with the other students in the Project Construct environment of his classroom, and the PTO at this school is great and really involved. This is one of the only St. Louis Public Schools that has a PTO email list AND a Facebook page! What people seek in some of the area charter schools can be found right here in St. Louis if they just look hard enough. Take a tour and see for yourself! Wilkinson is wonderful for early childhood development.

I have two boys attending Wilkinson ECC. This school is offering my boys a strong education through a method that excites children about learning and school. The cirriculum is very 'hands-on' oriented which I feel is important to all young children, especially boys ( I have three boys). They are learning reading, writing, math, art, music, science etc through fun, kinestetic, interactive ways. Each classroom (not just preschool and kindergarten) has a lead teacher and full time aid. The principal is a wonderful leader and works hard to make her staff a very cohesive group. The teachers take the time to learn how each child learns best and tries to work with their strengthts and weaknesses. The PTO is strong and understands what a wonderful school we have. The three components of a strong school are present. Great teachers, administration and parent participation.

My child is a preschooler at WECC. The teachers and staff are an exceptional bunch. They seem to work hard to teach and know each individual child. I recommend this school every chance I get!

Both my children started at WECC as pre-schoolers, and I have been completely happy with our choice to send them here. The teachers and staff love these kids and teach them well, both in academics and in citizenship. I recommend this school to everyone I know.

I put my son in Wilkinson in Kindergarten and he is now in the second grade. The journey has been wonderful. I will recommend this school to everyone. My son has learned so much. The children are so well mannered. The staff is excellent. We are sure going to miss Wilkinson.

Last modified Wilkinson Early Childhood Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-2