Bad
Good

Posted August 02, 2014
i just finished my senior year at webster groves highschool and as far as being a student there for four years i'd like to say that our school is fulla that DUB G PRIDE. the teachers there actually care about your education and with that said i had excellent teachers that saw the potential in me and wanted the best of it. TURN UP FOR WEBSTER.

Posted November 12, 2013
I am currently a sophomore at Webster Groves High School. Spending my freshman year at this school was great. Although I was transitioning from spending my childhood up until 7th grade at a school in NY, I quickly adapted into a whole new living situation. I made friends very quickly, and I am doing much better here than I would have if I stayed at my old school. Athletics at WGHS are a very serious topic here. Sports such as football and basketball are the most popular, with both the players and the fans. Hundreds come to support the Statesmen games. Education is very good as well. Some of the students are not the brightest, which I think impacts other's education, but the teacher performance is great. Most of the teachers really take a good part in the roles of our school. Some teachers are not good at all, as well as any other school. Teachers at Webster are helpful and really make the student's learning their #1 priority.

Webster Groves High School 3

Posted September 09, 2012
I am currently a senior at Webster High. After spending the past 3 years here, I have found that Webster is acceptable for a large portion of the student populous. Those that are considered average students, slightly above average, or learning disabled, you will find a great system waiting to support you. But if you are identified as gifted, or if you are a gifted/ld, you will have a very hard time here. Teachers are kind, but most cannot give the gifted or the twice exceptional anything to work with. I'm not saying the teacher's aren't smart, in fact a good number are. But there is a lot to be desired. You're better off going to Lindbergh if you are gifted or twice exceptional.

Posted February 26, 2011
5 elem. one sixth grade center, and one jr. high (7th/8th), one high school....we moved here so our child w/ special needs could flourish, and he has...........he's transitioned well/middle school..........our other kids are in elementary school now........and doing well......it's a great dist. teachers are good and staff/principals are very competent and student centered......and it's very close to the city/downtown.......so, don't let the realtors try to push you out to the far west county....webster schools and webster groves as a whole is easier on the transient population than west county/St. Louis county.....Parkway/Rockwood school dists. are good, but not as good as Webster.......bang for ur buck....I'd pick webster.

Posted November 26, 2010
Great school! I've even been enrolled! Teachers assist me when I need it. Resource teachers are great! The high school principal listens to students and adjust the enviroment. He even got me into Camp Wyman as a camp counselor for 5th grade camp.

Posted October 28, 2009
I am a senior at Webster Groves High School and my prother is currently a sophomore. I have witnessed exeecptional teaching staff and adminstrative response during my four years at Webster. However, I have also witnessed some and heard about, less excellent staff (teachers, adminstration, counseling, Special District.) Webster has a lot of things going for it, but sometimes, when it comes to getting great teachers and staff it can be a toss up; You can get excellent or you can get incredibly lacking. Webster has stood out to me with its commitment to social justice. This was especially true under our recently retired superintendent. Tolerance and Acceptance are very pushed, taught about and demonstrated in this school. Overall, I love Webster. I have had four amaing years, full of opportunities of which I took full advantage of. The key thing is, you do need some self initiative to excel.

Webster Groves High School

Posted November 19, 2007
I recently found this website and looked up my own school. WGHS. I am currently a student and when I read that the parents thought our schools extracurricular activities were above average, I had to write a review. That couldn't be more true. It's my first year at this school and all summer I was excited to attend.

Posted November 25, 2005
The district as a whole is very good. They don't try to understand the culture backgrounds of children in the district even if they live in the district or out of the district. But things are starting to change some. The board has start to develpe courses for it teachers & staff to accommodate this concern. Although once children reach the high school level. If you are a parent, it becomes a concerned about your child's development, you are looked at as strange. Over all once the staff gets pass all of these hurdles, your child can excel and do well. The school does provide for tutoring at the Junior High level and the High School level and your child can do good in college.

Posted September 04, 2005
My son has been in a self contain special Ed school for years. This would be his first year in a public school. the teacers are great. He is shy and scared but also excited. I have never seen this kind of excitment about school! Goodness if all schools were as resonive as this on is there would be no reason for private schools. Wish I had known sooner I would have saved 50,000 buck tuition.

Webster Groves High School 3

Posted September 09, 2004
There are many wonderful teachers, but if a student is having troubles, they are critisized by many of the teachers for having troubles. Many elective classes cost money, and some people do not have the ability to pay, so classes students are really looking forward to are sometimes dropped because of financial issues. Peers are friendly, with the exception of some cliques who just don't want to get along with others. Principals are very helpful, but you have to want to be college-bound and you must be highly motivated to be able to slide by with A's and B's for four years at Webster Groves High School.

Webster Groves High School
100 Selma Ave, St Louis, MO  63119
Last modified Webster Groves High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.