St. Louis, MO

Posted September 29, 2014
This is our family's first year at Hudson and we feel really good about the choice. We considered other local private schools and the magnet school within the Webster district and ultimately chose Hudson. I haven't looked back once. My son is thriving in his kindergarten class and I really like the other families I've met. It's a wonderful school with a good set of community activities and many opportunities to get involved.

Posted May 26, 2014
My husband and I love Hudson. I have a son and a daughter that attended this past year. Both of their teachers communicated with us were on top of their education. My children were sad to be leaving their school for the summer. Art, music and PE teachers are also fabulous. We have been very pleased with Hudson!

Posted April 25, 2014
I knew moving into the district 7 years ago that we'd be happy with the choice, but almost immediately during my child's kindergarten year did we realize what a great place we had found in Hudson. From the very small student:teacher ratio, to the principals, to the experienced educators (many of them at Hudson their entire career) this school is right for so many reasons. They offer advanced enrichment such as a gifted program, strings, chess, etc. However this school is unique in that each and every child, regardless of learning or physical ability, is in a classroom where the gifted students and special needs students alike are blended together and work with one another on a daily basis. This brilliantly teaches humility, and fosters cooperation and inclusion. Hudson parents are heavily involved in every aspect of the school and the community, and they enjoy doing so. Each and every teacher is a student favorite, and both of the principals we've experienced in my daughter's time at Hudson were the prefect blend of lovable and professional. I truly believe you'd be happy with any school in the Webster Groves School District, but it's apparent to me how much we will miss Hudson.

Posted April 12, 2014
I can't say enough good things about this school! The teachers are great, the principal is connected and involved, and if you have a special ed child like I do....you can breathe easy and relax when you send him/her here. That in itself is worth its weight in gold to parents of special needs children!

Posted April 06, 2014
We have one child at Hudson and another who will attend when he's old enough. We debated about whether to send our children to Hudson or to a private school located in our neighborhood. After much thought, we went with Hudson, and we have been very happy with our choice. It is a wonderful community, where everyone looks out for each other and for each others' children. The staff is wonderful and knows all the kids. Hudson's "ROCKS" program has gotten our daughter to practice good citizenship, which is a great complement to academics. Her teacher is incredibly insightful and puts a ton of effort into communicating with parents and making sure we are working on the same things at home that she is working on at school. She recognizes our daughter's strengths and pushes her to excel. We love the diversity of the school, the caring community and the environment that Lisa Hilpert and her staff have created to make Hudson a place where kids are set up for academic and social success. I have mixed feelings about posting this review, because this school is a hidden gem, and that's part of what makes it so great. That said, the school deserves to be recognized for its excellence.

Posted March 15, 2014
My husband & I were young when we purchased our home and weren't really thinking about the schools at the time. We now have two children: one that has graduated from Hudson and a second who is currently in 3rd grade there. We count ourselves very fortunate to live in Hudson's attendance area. Hudson was once considered the step-child of the District, but has made tremendous strides in recent years. Hudson's smaller size makes it a very child and family oriented school. Every staff member from the Principal to the teachers to the aides and custodians are warm and inviting and sincerely care about the children. They take care of my children's emotional needs as well as providing them with challenging and innovative core classroom work. My child was well prepared for the 6th grade center because of the skills she learned at Hudson. I would highly recommend Hudson Elementary to any family. Hudson ROCKS!

Hudson Elementary School 1

Posted February 14, 2014
We recently moved to the STL area and I have two sons who attend. I have been quite disappointed with the competence of both the teachers and administration. Neither of my sons' teachers were able to articulate who or how the class curriculae were developed (I knew the answer before asking the question but I always ask it of every teacher as a control question). Their teachers also are completely non-responsive and seem completely lost regarding pedagogy for boys in particular. In fact, I get the distinct impression that the teachers and the administration harbor a clear disdain for boys and the typical challenges they present to elementary educators. We have met other parents who have observed the same phenomena and who have taken their boys out of the school. Would recommend anyone with boys to avoid this school if possible.

Posted February 07, 2014
We have achieved great success & happiness through Hudson. I feel lucky to have been able to use this school.

Posted February 06, 2014
Both of our sons currently attend Hudson Elementary School - part of the Webster Groves School District. There are so many things we love about this school but my top two are: 1) the AMAZING teachers! Each year we have had positive experiences with our children's teachers as they go above and beyond for their students. Truly, all of faculty and staff, especially Mrs. Hilpert, the principal, are top notch. They know all of the children by name and make them feel safe and welcome in an inviting learning-focused atmosphere. 2) We love the diversity of Hudson. There are children from a variety of backgrounds, including race, nationality, income-level -- and all are welcome and loved from the moment they walk in the front door. We are truly grateful for the experiences we've had at Hudson. Academics are the first priority at Hudson but character-development and interpersonal skills are also priorities. They help create well-rounded students who are positioned to thrive in the 'real world' and achieve strong academic success in their future. Highly recommend!

Posted February 06, 2014
We have lived in the community for 20 + years now. We had one child finish at Hudson and another child attending now. What a "Jewel" of a school! The teachers are wonderful. The entire school and it's family atmosphere is dynamic. The education is above what we expected, preparing our son for gifted programs aiding in his college placement. Our youngest has a slight learning issue due to chemotherapy residuals and the reading specialists have helped her to develop in to a super reader. We will continue to volunteer at this tiny little school as long as our bodies and minds permit it.

Hudson Elementary School
9825 Hudson Ave, St. Louis, MO  63119
Last modified Hudson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hudson Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top