PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted June 09, 2013
I went to SMOS for 9 years, and it is a fabulous school. You will not find a better grade school in St. Louis. The academics are tough but help you develop study skills. The teachers are great, and the athletics are also solid. I was well ahead of the vast majority of my classmates in high school this year, and I attribute that to SMOS. It is a great school with great faculty, great kids, and is a wonderful community. Thank you SMOS for preparing me for a lifetime of success!

Posted July 28, 2011
We needed to find a school that would test our child for early entry. Our plan was to attend private school for K & 1st grade and then transfer into the public school. However, SMOS won us over and we're going to stay put. The school community is absolutely amazing! Teachers, parents, and staff are really a unified team to bring out the best in the students. Even the older students willingly take on an active role in nurturing the younger kids. If you're looking for a village to raise your child, this is definitely the place!

Posted March 25, 2011
St. Margaret's is a jewel of a school! Not only are the academics challenging and the teachers compassionate, but the parent involvement is excellent. Everyone is welcoming and open-minded. The diversity and commitment to social issues is perfect, and sets a wonderful example for what a Catholic education should entail. The more we, as a family, learn about the school, other families, teachers, and community, the more happy we are about the decision that we made to send our children there.

Posted October 03, 2007
I went to this grade school from kindergarten to eighth grade. It was tough, but I got a lot of great experience for the stuff that I did in high school- especially the writing skills. I really enjoyed my years here; it's a great place to send your kids!

Posted January 17, 2004
I love St. Margaret of Scotland School. I am a single parent of three small children. However, we still fit in socially. My daughter received an oustanding education. At St. margaret the teachers communicate what the students are learning week by week to the parents. So I always knew what my daughter was being taught, this helped me to enforce by talking about the various subjects at home while I cook dinner. My daughter was always surprised that I knew what was going on in class. This also helped to improve home/school communication. St. Margaret is very economical compared to other private school of its calibar. They have foreign language, sports,band, scouts ,etc. all for elementary school kids. I am delighted I found out about St. Margaret of Scotland.

Posted September 09, 2003
St. Margaret gave my three sons a terrific grade school education--a good strong basis for high school & college performance. This school has a caring atmosphere where children can learn to appreciate themselves as well as others. St. Margaret School strives to create an arena where diversity is cherished. I always felt that here, a parent's involvement and opinions were welcomed and encouraged. The curriculum is top-notch. I particularly like the Orbital Studies program, which allows students to complete a project and make a presentation in many fields. (this allows for the variety of strengths and interests to be investigated and displayed) Some foreign Language classes are available. The parish sponsors Scouting, and children are given the opportunity to play on sports teams. The school participates in History Day, and Bellarmine, as well as other activities. For our family, St. Margaret of Scotland Grade School was the right choice. I highly recommend this wonderful school, located in St. Louis's Historic Shaw Neighborhood. Call and visit! See for yourself.

St Margaret Of Scotland School
3964 Castleman Avenue, St Louis, MO  63110
Last modified St Margaret Of Scotland School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8