K-8|Private

Bad
Good

My wife and I are so glad we chose St. Simon from the many other schools we looked in to and visited. The principal, teachers, and staff are wonderful. With two classes at every grade level the class sizes are kept small and make great learning environments. They have invested in technology with SmartBoards in all classrooms and an iPad cart. They offer a resource teacher, counselor, librarian, nurse, Spanish teacher, and more. TheRe are always opportunities for parent involvement and it is great to see many different parents and grandparents getting involved instead of the same few every time. It is hard to explain but there is a unique community atmosphere at this school that we did not feel at the other schools. Our kids absolutely love it too. There are stunts from all over the St. Louis region including Mehlville, Oakville, Sunset Hills, Fenton, Arnold, Imperial, St. Louis City, and more. I highly encourage anyone considering transferring schools or signing up for kindergarten to come take a look at St. Simon.

I love being apart of the school. The adminstration and faculty work hard to make sure that their students are challenged and successful. I would highly recommend this school for any family looking for an excellent education and Catholic teachings for their children.

St. Simon School has prepared my daughter for high school. She had straight A's in grade school and has straight A's in her Catholic high school. The instruction by the teachers is great and the school administration is always present and helpful. I have and will recommend this school to anyone looking for a high quality grade school in South County.

Administration is unable to clearly or consistently communicate. Communications from school are contradictory, disorganized, and/or incomplete. Questions are answered with silence or evasive answers. Teachers range from good to atrocious. Student discipline is wildly inconsistent, and at times very inappropriate. Homework is inconsistent and poorly organized, while expectations are not communicated. Students are not challenged to succeed. There is a lot of positivie school spirit among the parents, many of whom attended the school when they were children.

Helped my brther out tremendously after his wife died!! Great before & after chool program! Best support system ever1

St Simon's teaching staff is in huge need of a revamp. Hopefully the new priest and principal we are getting this year will realize this and make some changes. Too many teachers just glide throw the year not inspiring the kids to learn but just going thru the motions. New teachers leave because the school isn't proactive enough. The parish as a whole doesn't embrace change well so things will stay as they are because of the lack of motivation to make a change.

Well, my time at St, Simon's was great. All the teachers were great. The best teacher I had there was Coach K the PE teacher he was fun and understanding. He made class fun and I actually enjoyed PE for once. I will miss him and the other teachers. I guess what I learned not just in his class but others is that you can not make excuses for everything and you have to be accountabel for your actions because in life nobody cares about your problems. Thanks for a great 8 years st. simons I will miss you all and had a blast

I enjoyed my time at St. Simons but the parents their made a tough place to work. They would complain about every grade you gave their son or daughter and questioned you on everything. They would tell me I am not paying for my daughter to get C and B's. So what are you going to do it about it. I really had no backing by the administration either. The principal would tell me to let the kids retake the test so they could get a better grade. So, I just stopped giving anybody lower than a B. Dont get me wrong it was not all parents or students. Just a handfull of students that were disrespectful to me and other teachers. Plus making only $24,000 really was not worth it

St. Simon the Apostle School is a wonderful environment for students and their parents. The students are encouraged to help others in school and in the community. St. Simon School is always looking toward the future, preparing each child to be their best. I have two children that currently attend St. Simon School. St. Simon School is truly an extended family.

My three children received a wonderful educational foundation at St. Simon School. They were encouraged to become life long learners and care for others.

Last modified St Simon The Apostle School is a Private school that serves grades K-8