Posted December 08, 2014
We are residents of St. Louis County and send our son to Our Lady of Sorrows for preschool due to close proximity to our daytime childcare provider. After OLS, we had planned to send him to the public school district we live in. After one full year of preschool at OLS, it was obvious that we had made the right choice in sending our son there. Not only that, but we now plan to send him there for Kindergarten and beyond. Not only are the teachers fantastic, but the curriculum is on point and the school atmosphere is nurturing. He has learned so much after attending OLS preschool for just 1.5 years. I am so thankful everyday that we decided to send him there and that we will be sending him there for Kindergarten for the next school year.

Posted August 04, 2014
We have two girls; my oldest was with One Little Seed for two years. She loved this program and I felt amazing as I saw her grow and develop. Some of the things the teachers incorporated are Kindergarten concepts, but made fun and exciting, at their individual level. Our youngest is going there part time to start and moving into more time and days, each year, just like her sister did. I cannot say enough; on how well all the teachers care and love their kids. Everyone works great with all aspects of a tough developmental time for our little darlings.

Posted April 08, 2014
I have 3 children at Our Lady of Sorrows and could not be happier. I had always heard that private school where great for the average student but if you had a child that excelled or need extra help you would have to go to a public school. OLS has proven this is not the case. They have several honors classes both in English and Math as well as a beginning and advanced band program. I have a child with a diagnosed, learning disability and many accommodations have been made for him to feel and be successful. At Our Lady of Sorrows you will find superior teacher, an amazing community and Christian values.

Posted April 03, 2014
My family has been very happy with Our Lady of Sorrows School. The teachers and staff have been so welcoming. Our daughter's preschool teachers are very caring and well versed in early childhood development and learning. Being Catholic, we chose Our Lady of Sorrows for our daughter,so the Catholic faith would be integrated into the school day and love that she is learning this early at a preschool level. The older students have impressed us with their polite and friendly manner towards our daughter and us. We are looking forward to continuing our daughter's education at Our Lady of Sorrows school and being apart of this wonderful community.

Posted April 03, 2014
OLS is an excellent neighborhood school, offering a high-quality education. This is the school that the St. Louis Archdiocese should use as a model for the rest of the city. Small-town atmosphere; awesome faculty; and the kids can still walk-to-school every day. Unlike the 'make-a-buck' charter schools that are popping up around the city, the teachers at OLS truly care for these students' education. Yes, you might think the charter schools are cheaper, but you get what you pay for. Combined, my sons have over 18 years of OLS education; and I couldn't be more impressed with the outcome.

Posted April 02, 2014
My daughter has been attending Our Lady of Sorrows Catholic School for 3 years now. It is a wonderful place to learn, grow, and build a community. The subjects are challenging and the teachers are great. I'm always impressed by the support and compassion all the parents, teachers, principal, and church members have for this school. It is a diamond in our community.

Posted March 26, 2014
The preschool program at OLS is outstanding. I feel assured that my son is learning in a warm and nurturing atmosphere. The learning environment provides room for creativity, academic readiness, exploration, all while keeping the Catholic faith in the forefront. The preschool teachers are exceptional and committed to the development of their students.

Posted March 26, 2014
Our son has grown so much and learned so much in the last year even just a few days a week at OLS. They are so flexible with people who just want to send their kids a couple days/half days/aftercare/etc. Beyond that the teachers are fantastic. So caring and professional. You can see your child learn every day they attend and the Catholic faith is obviously an integral part of the curriculum. I would have felt like my little boy missed out on an incredible education if he had gone anywhere else. This is by far the best preschool in the city. We are so blessed to have our son in this program.

Posted March 19, 2014
I truly believe OLS is the best Catholic grade school in South St. Louis The quality of teachers is amazing. Their experience, knowledge, and caring attitudes enhance the learning process in remarkable ways. The superior staff, along with top-notch programs including ability grouping for reading and math, Honors English and math for grades 6-8, concert band and speech team make Our Lady of Sorrows an outstanding school.

Posted March 17, 2014
When my wife and I moved to St. Louis, we spent an awful lot of time looking at the many great schools St. Louis has to offer. We chose to send our children to OLS because we were excited by the sense of community already present, the excellence of their staff, and how OLS made our children feel welcome. It has been 10 years and we have no regrets. I encourage anyone who is serious about their children's success to check out OLS. It might feel like home to you as well.

Our Lady of Sorrows School
5831 S Kingshwy Blvd, St. Louis, MO  63109
Last modified Our Lady of Sorrows School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Our Lady of Sorrows School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top