St. Louis, MO
Students enrolled: 1,094

Posted June 21, 2014
SLUH is a school welcoming to kids of all backgrounds and entering into junior year, I have really enjoyed my last two years. The teachers are very helpful as well and I doubt you will get a better school for the price

Posted April 09, 2014
Jesuit school with caring and involved teachers. They help young boys become faithful, men for others. Wonderful school.

St Louis University High School 3

Posted January 17, 2014
I have a son who attends NDHS - they have a really great tutoring program called ArchTutors! I'd really encourage parents to use it for additional supplementation - it's very customizable for your child: https://sites.google.com/site/archtutors/

Posted January 03, 2014
I started my experience with SLUH this year as a Freshman and thought I was prepared for high school. I was not even close to being prepared for the rigorous studying that came with being a SLUH student, but I would not change anything. What people have to understand about SLUH is that it is not just a school: SLUH is a community of young men that are taught to serve their fellow man from Freshman Orientation on, SLUH is a fraternity of brothers that is driven to see each other succeed, SLUH is a family in which we all share the joys and hardships of their fellow brothers, SLUH prepares us for anything we have in front of us in the future through rigorous academics and challenges of mind and spirit. The four or five hours of studying I do on a nightly basis, the constant papers I have to write, the daily tests is the exact reason my father and I wanted me to go here. If you are looking to come to SLUH please be prepared to embrace this, and please be prepared to experience the greatest of all experiences you will ever have in your life. -AMDG, Class of 2017

Posted May 03, 2013
My son currently attends SLUH. As a person with three advanced degrees, I didn't learn to study until I was in law school. At SLUH, the students learn to study immediately. In addition, their learning encompasses learning about life and helping others. The students at the school are thus both academically challenged as well as being challenged to help each other and people in general. The young men at this school emerge successful in whatever field they chose for further study and they also further transform into the type of people that are in position to serve and lead in their communities. Of course, there is no "perfect" high school. Nonetheless, if there is a better high school than SLUH that prepares its students for success in life, I haven't seen it. Moreover, the school is very reasonably priced for the education that its students receive. From what I've seen, students are in a very good position to earn scholarships for advanced study. The athletic programs are also very good, and the students involved in sports are truly "student" athletes. From what I've seen, the school doesn't provide any special status to athletes-- they are first and foremost students.

Posted April 23, 2013
This is an exceptional school which does a tremendous job with a rigorous academic curriculum - top notch, as well as rounding out the kids character as young men serving others. My son absolutely LOVES the school, its academics, commitment to excellence and with over 90 sports or other extra-curricular activities there is something for everyone!

St Louis University High School 1

Posted April 06, 2013
St Louis University High: Large and unfriendly. Reasonably good academics. Socially very unwelcoming. Overpriced for what you receive. Would not choose again. There are smaller, academically better, more personal Catholic schools in St Louis if you want strong Catholic education, and they are only a couple thousand dollars a year more than SLUH.

Posted December 16, 2011
You will not find another school in the area that challenges you the way St. Louis U. High does, either academically or socially. Working on homework and studying from 4pm until 10 or 11 is not uncommon, especially towards the end of the semester, but neither is regular participation in community service or helping other students succeed as well. As students, we don't just want to succeed, we want others to have chances to succeed as well. Take it from a current student, attending SLUH was the best decision of my life. You work harder here than you do in college, and your experiences make you a natural leader no matter what you do in life. I once heard someone say, "SLUH students are always willing to talk or give a speech," and I agree. We aren't arrogant, even if we might like to hear ourselves talk sometimes. Rather, we've studied in an environment that values our opinions, thoughts, and actions, one that fosters participation and requires confidence in yourself and abilities for success. The work may be tough, but it is absolutely worth it. You will come out of the school farther ahead than you would anywhere else.

Posted November 26, 2010
I like this school very much because of the great and supporting teachers and also best principal. I am going to take admission in this school this year...

Posted May 14, 2010
I was a graduate in '08 and I am now an engineering student. My experience at SLUH prepared me for the classroom experiences of college. SLUH gives more than that, however. Because of my time at SLUH, I am a leader in my fraternity, on campus, and I am one of very few sophomores that have an internship this Summer. SLUH is among the top three best decisions of my life and I am thankful for every minute I spent there. As an alumnus member, I intend to give back to SLUH everything that I have gotten from it. The culture of SLU High is one of excellence and it provides a place to find the man that is inside of every boy that walks the halls and learns in the classrooms of SLUH. -AMDG

St Louis University High School
4970 Oakland Avenue, St. Louis, MO  63110
Last modified St Louis University High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
St Louis University High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top