PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Some of the office staff are extremely rude and for this to be a religious school you would expect a warm and loving environment. Academics are lacking. My child was in second grade and in her class alone there were at least 4 fights throughout the year. This school is comparable to one of Hazelwood East public schools.

Christ Light of the Nations School is not a well-developed school. From K-4 you might be o.k. with what you child learns. From 5th-8th grade, it starts to go downhill. For example, the academics are behind. In our experience, our student was ill prepared for the transition to high school and had a lot of catching up to do. To be a religious school, we found the environment to be disturbingly cold and discouraging. I would advise that you choose another school for your male student. There were a few instances, in which our student as well as others advised that their teacher blatantly told them that they prefer educating female students. Our student found this particularly frustrating and discouraging. We have since moved on, but one can only hope that things have gotten better at Christ Light of the Nations School.

I am truly grateful for this school. Since day one, the teachers, principal, office staff have gone out of their way to help each family. For me personally, they have been truly nurturing to my children. The art department (Mrs. Compass), music department(Mr. Budd), Physical Education(Ms. Delise), Science(Mr. Kelly), Computer Lab(Mrs. Grabowski) and all the teachers have gone above and beyond to opening the children s minds to new ideas, making learning exciting and preparing them for the next level of education. My 9 year old is already thinking about COLLEGE!! LOVE IT! CLN is a small school but my children are getting a great, awesome, overall educational experience here! THANK YOU CLN STAFF!!

students/parents and the children learn about Community Service on a regular basis. As a product of Catholic Education myself, I am grateful for what CLN stands for. The teachers, principal, office staff and Kim Buchanan, the bookkeeper, in particular, go out of their way to help each family. Without the exceptional support of Kim, this school would be lost. It's most valuable to hold on to those employees who go out of their way. Mrs. B certainly does.

My son attended Christ Light of the nation and is now in high school. The teachers are great, though because of consolidation, they lost many great teachers as well. I was not able to do much as far as volunteering at the school, but many parents did (thank you). The program is more challenging that public school by far, but could use a little more high school preparation. Would love to see more academic and charachter challenges for the students. Overall best in area!

I think we have the wonderful families who support our school and their children! So many of our parents encourage their children not only to do their best in school but to stay after school for band, choir, dance team, outdoor club, Little friends of Jesus, math help or art club just to name a few. It takes alot for our parents to pull this off with arranging rides when they are at work and I want to applaud their effort!! Christ Light of the Nations is a beacon in North County! Check it out!

Last modified Christ Light Of The Nations Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8