9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Amazing diverse school that offers so many opportunities for the students that attend. Would recommend to any boy in the St. Louis area.

Compared to the other possible schools out there, this school does not offer the same kind of high academics as others do for the same price and instead primarily focuses on sports over anything else

CBC is a great school. While their athletics program is, indeed, a force, there are plenty of opportunities for boys who are not into sports. The theater program is top rate; there are competitive robotics teams; and many other ways for students to get invovled that have nothing to do with sports. The communities program and Cadet Cup competition quickly integrate incoming freshmen into the school. Three learning tracks ensure each student's academic needs are met, and the administration is very open to working with students as the individuals that they are.

Let's cut all the p.r. CBC is a mediocre school at best. They push athletics above everything else. Many wonderful veteran faculty from the past have been pushed out (i.e. fired) so as to get rid of their salaries because the school has been in financial trouble. I was treated terribly there because i wasn't a jock and wasn't interested in being controlled every second of the school day. The dean of discipline was a man who screamed in your face and demeaned you. The religion curriculum has become more and more conservative as the years pass, with wonderful social justice oriented teachers getting the boot because they didn't want to kowtow to the reactionary forces in the Arch diocese. I wasn't prepared for college because I never had any freedom at CBC. A lot of my friends felt the same way. They went nuts the first semester because they had never been trusted before and didn't know how to handle things. If your kid is a middle of the road to struggling student, and needs a lot of discipline, CBC is the place for him.

I have a freshman son, the youngest of our children and the first to attend CBC. Wonderful choice, great brotherhood, great classes and a very caring staff.

I am a student at cbc. I was accepted this year. And it has been the greatest time of my life. I enjoy all my classes. And my teachers are great. I really look foward to the next three years of my life

I am the parent of a freshman, and the school has been great. The staff - including assistant principal - are very, very responsive. Teachers respond to e-mails quickly, and concerns and problems are taken seriously and addressed.

I have a son who is a freshman, and he is totally loving it!!! It is more like a 'family' than a school-don't get me wrong-academics are top priority, but the teachers and staff care about each and every boy at this school!!! Men for Tomorrow...Brothers for Life...that is their motto....I have nothing but praise for this wonderful institution my son is attending!! They want each boy to succeed at their own level. I could not have picked a more wonderful place for my son to go to high school.

I must agree with the gentleman above me. I had 2 sons graduate from CBC and my daughter is involved with their theater program there. The close knit community is like no other even among the other fine Catholic high schools in the area. My sons were both well prepared for college; one is studying for the LSATS and the other will graduate with a major in Criminal Justice and a minor in Sociology {he too may go to law school}.

Last modified Christian Brothers College High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12