Posted April 28, 2013
You will not find a school better than Cor Jesu Academy. As a graduated student, I wouldn't trade my four years there for anything. So many of my best memories happened in the halls of CJ. Not only did I make friendships that I know will last a lifetime, but I also established great relationships with teachers who I still keep in touch with. Cor Jesu is more than just a school. It really is a family. I feel so lucky to say that I loved everything about my high school experience. I woke up every morning looking forward to going to school. I don't think many people can say that. I was undoubtedly challenged to grow both academically and spiritually, and I am proud of who I am today because of it.

Posted August 16, 2012
To the parent who wrote on 3/7. I went to CJA and I absolutely loved it. I was a multi-sport varsity athlete and honors student. I wasn't an "alumni kid" and I felt like I was treated the exact same as the girls who were. I don't see anything wrong with group work. In fact when she gets into college she is going to have a lot of group work, and even in the professional world you have to learn how to delegate work and how to get a long with others. I don't see how 50% of the girls being socially awkward has any affect on your daughter's experience. No matter what school you go to, there are going to be girls that are different than your daughter, that's part of life. I graduated 10 years ago and looking back those "socially awkward girls" are some of the most fun, interesting, successful people. As far as the uniform-All private schools have uniform rules. I was one of those students always pushing the envelope with what sweatshirt or undershirt I wore (sure I got detentions), but really that is why they give you choices of sweaters you CAN wear. It is just a foundation for rules. Their rules are a lot more lax now than 10 yrs ago too. LOVE CJ AND WOULDN'T CHANGE IT!

Cor Jesu Academy 4

Posted March 13, 2012
I agree with the parent on 3/7/12. My daughter knew of the fight. It make me made these girls did not get suspended. My daughter is threatened with a detention for wearing a non uniform,Cor Jesu sweatshirt in her chilly room. She is a high honors student, ACT Score 35, varsity athletic, member of clubs & has many friends. We sent her there so she would be in a academically challenged environment. Alumni kids are catered to, girls are admitted without any consideration to the kind of heart they have or morals, 50% of the girls are socially awkward creating a frustating experences for the more rounded kids, administraion does nothing to teachers that are failing to teach, too many classroom assignments are to be done in a group and usually one person has to carry the weight of the group (very unfair since my daughter cares about her grades). They worry too much about school uniforms instead of having the girls confortable to learn. The plus side: Love the office staff, the tradition, the all girl environment, love that it teaches organization skills, love the school building, love the juke box in the cafe,. I wish the school did better screening of students and teachers.

Cor Jesu Academy 1

Posted July 02, 2009

Posted March 24, 2008
Cor Jesu is a wonderful, fun, challenging environment for students. I'm only a freshman, but since I've been there, I've never been happier! I feel challenged to learn and excited to take the opportunities given to me. The teachers and staff are wonderful, caring, generous, and challenging. The environment is comfortable and everyone is free to be themselves.

Posted January 10, 2008

Posted January 10, 2008

Posted November 24, 2007

Posted April 02, 2007
- a former student

Posted August 28, 2006
While my daughter tested well on her Iowa entrance exams, we need CJA would challenge her academically. She is a very competitive, determined kid and while the school work certainly is difficult and the demands are 10x that of her private, Parish grade school, the rewards are already showing. Our daughter is more disciplined, organized and focused. She is surrounded by over-achieving kids who constantly push her competitive drive. While she is no where near the top of her class, she is reaching her own potential in many ways. While she did struggle as a freshman finding the right circle of friends, her sophomore year is much better already. Teachers are tough, but fair. Standards and expectations are Very high, not in verbal or written rules and regulations but by the self-determination and expectations of each student. This school has mastered the art of empowerment and giving girls self-confidence.

Cor Jesu Academy
10230 Gravois Road, St. Louis, MO  63123
Last modified Cor Jesu Academy is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Cor Jesu Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews.