9-12|Private

Bad
Good

You will not find a school better than Cor Jesu Academy. As a graduated student, I wouldn't trade my four years there for anything. So many of my best memories happened in the halls of CJ. Not only did I make friendships that I know will last a lifetime, but I also established great relationships with teachers who I still keep in touch with. Cor Jesu is more than just a school. It really is a family. I feel so lucky to say that I loved everything about my high school experience. I woke up every morning looking forward to going to school. I don't think many people can say that. I was undoubtedly challenged to grow both academically and spiritually, and I am proud of who I am today because of it.

To the parent who wrote on 3/7. I went to CJA and I absolutely loved it. I was a multi-sport varsity athlete and honors student. I wasn't an "alumni kid" and I felt like I was treated the exact same as the girls who were. I don't see anything wrong with group work. In fact when she gets into college she is going to have a lot of group work, and even in the professional world you have to learn how to delegate work and how to get a long with others. I don't see how 50% of the girls being socially awkward has any affect on your daughter's experience. No matter what school you go to, there are going to be girls that are different than your daughter, that's part of life. I graduated 10 years ago and looking back those "socially awkward girls" are some of the most fun, interesting, successful people. As far as the uniform-All private schools have uniform rules. I was one of those students always pushing the envelope with what sweatshirt or undershirt I wore (sure I got detentions), but really that is why they give you choices of sweaters you CAN wear. It is just a foundation for rules. Their rules are a lot more lax now than 10 yrs ago too. LOVE CJ AND WOULDN'T CHANGE IT!

I agree with the parent on 3/7/12. My daughter knew of the fight. It make me made these girls did not get suspended. My daughter is threatened with a detention for wearing a non uniform,Cor Jesu sweatshirt in her chilly room. She is a high honors student, ACT Score 35, varsity athletic, member of clubs & has many friends. We sent her there so she would be in a academically challenged environment. Alumni kids are catered to, girls are admitted without any consideration to the kind of heart they have or morals, 50% of the girls are socially awkward creating a frustating experences for the more rounded kids, administraion does nothing to teachers that are failing to teach, too many classroom assignments are to be done in a group and usually one person has to carry the weight of the group (very unfair since my daughter cares about her grades). They worry too much about school uniforms instead of having the girls confortable to learn. The plus side: Love the office staff, the tradition, the all girl environment, love that it teaches organization skills, love the school building, love the juke box in the cafe,. I wish the school did better screening of students and teachers.

Cor Jesu is a wonderful, fun, challenging environment for students. I'm only a freshman, but since I've been there, I've never been happier! I feel challenged to learn and excited to take the opportunities given to me. The teachers and staff are wonderful, caring, generous, and challenging. The environment is comfortable and everyone is free to be themselves.

Last modified Cor Jesu Academy is a Private school that serves grades 9-12