St. Louis, MO

Incarnate Word Academy 4

Posted January 17, 2014
I have a son who attends NDHS - they have a really great tutoring program called ArchTutors! I'd really encourage parents to use it for additional supplementation - it's very customizable for your child: https://sites.google.com/site/archtutors/

Posted June 02, 2013
I will strongly recommend IWA to any parent. This would be based upon the great teachers and the school's ciriculum. But in the same breathe warn them of a very disturbing admin policy. This policy will forbid your daughter or daughters from taking their last exams if their family has fallen into financial distress and have not paid their full tuition to date. I understand that the teachers must be paid and the school has bills to attend to. What is this action doing towards the positive. My daughter has maintained a Gpa of 3.3 and above and to hear that she is unabled to take her last exams was not only degrading but hurtful. She believed in their so called sisterhood as they sung on their youtube videos. She even performed the community service hours that was required by all students. Her understanding of the school she once admired so much is that they can care less about her academic abilities, content of character, or her future as a female leader. This school is only for the privileged families. All the talk about Christian-based and family is a lure. You have been warned!!!!!

Posted May 03, 2013
Two of my daughters have attended IWA. One has already completed her undergraduate degree from a well respected private university in Peoria, Illinois and the other is currently a student at Mizzou. IWA prepared each of them very well for college. There are a couple of high schools in St. Louis that may be considered academically superior to IWA, however I don't believe there is a more diverse student body than what you'll find at this school. In the past few years, various families at the school have had unexpected tragedies in their lives. IWA students, alumni, faculty, etc. have banded together each time to support these families. Actions speak louder than words, and IWA does not merely provide a high school education for its students, it provides a true "sisterhood" that transcends the high school years. Of course, the school is consistently as one with some of the top athletic programs in the state of Missouri. The combination of the student's academic environment, cohesion and support of IWA in general, and the school's ability to not just preach diversity but make it an everyday experience, make this an excellent choice for your child.

Posted February 08, 2012
I've had daughters graduate from IWA and Rosati. Certainly IWA has a more impressive physical campus and sports and theatre are great. Wonderful school spirit. Academically tho, I'd have to give it RK, hands down for college prep, and the atmosphere was more centered in love and faith.

Posted November 09, 2010
I graduated from IWA and have recently become involved as a volunteer at this wonderful high school. I believe it was my time and experience at IWA that gave me the edge I needed to become the woman I am today. I have a wonderful job with The American Cancer Society, have raised lovely empowered women and I truly celebrate diversity, much more so than my roots would have suggested. I am happy to spend time with the students and staff of IWA.

Posted October 15, 2010
I am a 2008 IWA graduate and I disagree with my 2003 IWA sisters. Five years passed between our graduation years and the math and science departments changed quite a bit in that time frame. I took full advantage of the math and science courses at IWA, taking courses all the way to the AP level in Chemistry and Calculus. Upon entering college, I went straight into Chem 2 with no difficulties and did not even have to take college algebra because of my high Math ACT score. In general terms, I found IWA to be an amazing school that prepared me in every way for college. Their class scheduling system is truly unique, the teaching staff was genuinely interested in my success and the single sex environment helped me blossom. If I had to do it all over again, I would choose IWA in a heartbeat.

Posted September 20, 2010
Uneven quality of teachers and classes throughout four years there. I've met others from St. Louis city and county high schools that are better prepared for college than I. I loved IWA, but now see perhaps it wasn't the best choice.

Incarnate Word Academy 0

Posted October 03, 2009
My daughters graduaterd and a granddaughter is a Senior

Posted June 14, 2009

Posted April 05, 2009

Incarnate Word Academy
2788 Normandy Avenue, St. Louis, MO  63121
Last modified Incarnate Word Academy is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Incarnate Word Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top